Admin access gone after upgrade

You cannot navigate to the wiki’s home page? I wasn’t able to do so before and now, after the fix, it works for me.

The home page is this: Selfbus - EIB / KNX kompatible Geräte selbst bauen - XWiki ?
This always worked.
I cannot access anything which has to do with adminstration. I also can’t do a xar export. Before I wrecked it in May 2020, all worked fine.

So, if it is too much effort to investigate what the problem is here, could you please add https://selfbus.org to the list of trusted domains for me? This would help to keep the pages updated.

That’s weird since it clearly wasn’t working before fixing it for me, see Admin access gone after upgrade - #10 by vmassol

Could you tell me what username you’re using to log in?

Thanks

The same, which I use here … :slight_smile:

I think, you were redirected to the upgrade page because you opened the home page with admin rights.

When I go there I just can see and edit the site … but as said earlier: I cannot do anything admin-related stuff. So I am not redirected to admin-upgrade-thingy-sites.

Your user here is doumanix. I don’t think that exists on myxwiki.org. Again, could you please tell me what username you use on myxwiki.org… If you’re not using the one who’s the owner the wiki, that would explain why you don’t have admin rights.

Yes that’s correct but what’s the problem with that? This is normal and expected.

That seems to indicate you’re not logged with an admin user, hence my question about the username you’re using.

Sure, that one exists there. “Doumanix” → “Christian B.”
https://www.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/XWiki/Doumanix?category=profile

The original admin who created the wiki is “StefanT”. But he told me (1,5 years ago), that he can’t see admin pages anymore, too.
He also created another user “BackupAdmin”. But when I log in with that one, I also have no access to admin pages.

Hi Vincent.

a long time passed but the problem still persists.

The result of our discussion above is, as far as I understand: there is no admin user left in that wiki space selfbus.myxwiki.org
I think this was corrupted when I did an upgrade in 2020. Neither StefanT, nor Doumanix nor BackupAdmin has “normal” admin rights.

Is there any chance that you re-assign admin rights to my user “Doumanix”?

Best regards,
Christian

Please help and assign an admin user.
When you have a look into that wiki space, you can see that there is no admin assigned. Right?

Any chance that we ever get an admin user assigned again?

Hi @Doumanix . I’ve now added admin rights to your users. Note that when I tried to do so, I’ve found several admin UI pages to be broken/not working well so it seems this wiki is not in a great shape. I suspect it’s not been upgraded in a while or there were customizations made in it that were not merged across time. Note that I’ve skipped the distribution wizard since I didn’t want to run it, but you need to run it to perform the upgrade.

Thanks

Aye! Saw the mail in my spam folder now.

Best news of the day! Thanks @vmassol ! Seems to work!