File Manager 2.0.8 issues on 11.10

Am testing an 11.10.2 upgrade on my server (moving from 10.11), and finding all sorts of strangeness with the File Manager extension.

• I’ve had frequent issues under Firefox and Chrome, where the file manager failed to display the main display, whatever you’d call it (the list of folders and files). I’ve had to hit the browser refresh button to get the tree to display again.

• I had two files that had been uploaded to the root FM folder, that I tried to move to a subfolder. I selected the two files, and did a cut. Went to the target folder and did a paste. However, the files now still show - in both folders.

• I tried to delete the two files now in the root folder, since it looked like duplicates. However, it also appears to have deleted all occurrences of the files, in both folders.

• While testing the deletes, I’ve have a couple of JVM crashes due to insufficient memory. That was with Xmx=3072m. I’ve increased the JVM memory to 5600m to try to get away from that.

Does FM 2.0.8 actually work under XWiki 11.10? Is there a different method, or a different extension, that can replace this?

I just finished testing this on my old instance (10.11.1) and realize it fails there too. So not as much an XWiki 11.x migration issue, as it is bugs in the File Manager extension I guess.

Indeed there appears to be a serious bug in FM 2.0.8, with respect to the root folder in the FM tree. Cut/paste from that folder doesn’t work, copy to new folder and delete works better.
At any rate have been able to crash XWiki often if I try to delete the files in the root after cut/paste, with a crazy memory allocation:

OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM warning: INFO: os::commit_memory(0x00000007bb94c000, 74137600, 0) failed; error=‘Cannot allocate memory’ (errno=12)

There is insufficient memory for the Java Runtime Environment to continue.

Native memory allocation (mmap) failed to map 74137600 bytes for committing reserved memory.

An error report file with more information is saved as:

/tmp/hs_err_pid1741.log

Have also created a JIRA for this, since I can crash 10.11.1, 10.11.11, and 11.10.2 using FM 2.0.8. https://jira.xwiki.org/browse/FILEMAN-143

Does anyone know if the File Manager (not Pro) is actively supported?
I know I can crash my XWiki on 10.11.x and 11.10.x easily and consistently.
But I see many tickets for the extension in JIRA seemingly are not addressed.

Not much AFAICS; you can see that in the github commits for it.

I think you posted a link to the wrong repository/commits. The above seems to be for application-diagram. The apparent correct link is for this:

Last commit there was 28 August 2019 by @tmortagne
-Alan