Filesystem Attachments are not deleted from disk

Hi there, we currently facing the issue that xwiki attachments are not deleted from hard disk an have already ~20GB of space occupied.

We are currently running xwiki 8.4.3 WAR within tomcat 8.0.33 and using postgresql as database. In xwiki.cfg:

xwiki.store.attachment.hint=file
xwiki.store.attachment.versioning.hint=file
xwiki.store.attachment.recyclebin.hint=file

have been set from the beginning. There is currently nothing in /view/Main/AllDocs?view=deletedAttachments
After reading about the bug concerning file recycle bin:
http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Documentation/AdminGuide/Attachments#HFilesystemAttachmentStore

i tried

storage.attachment.recyclebin=0

because we don’t need recyclebin for files. After restarting tomcat it had no effect. This script also had no effect: http://snippets.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/PurgeAttachmentsRecycleBin

For example, there are files within:

C:\Tomcat\webapps\ROOT\data\storage\axdocumentation\Releases\AX5\Aquafin\WebHome\~this\deleted-attachments

The xwiki space “\Aquafin” has even been deleted itself, from the page recycle bin too.
The following file has been attached before deactivating the file recycle bin:

C:\Tomcat\webapps\ROOT\data\storage\axdocumentation\Spielwiese\WebHome\~this\attachments\Update_AX5_FB_Definition.mp4\Update_AX5_FB_Definition.mp4

I have deleted it, and it is still in the same directory. On the other hand, 5 minutes ago I attached and then deleted:

C:\Tomcat\webapps\ROOT\data\storage\axdocumentation\Spielwiese\WebHome\~this\attachments\deleteme.txt\deleteme.txt

And it has been removed from harddisc, leaving the empty folder behind. Now I have deleted the “Spielwiese” page, and Update_AX5_FB_Definition.mp4 is still alive. Do I have to disable

# xwiki.store.rollbackattachmentwithdocuments=1

or set this to void?

xwiki.store.attachment.recyclebin.hint=file

The database tables xwikiattrecyclebin and xwikiattachment_archive are empty.
Attached you find our whole xwiki.cfg file:
xwiki.cfg.txt (26.3 KB)

Please advise, thank you.
BR Mario