How do you give registered user edit rights without permitting create new page

I want to create a registered user group, say WIPgroup and given members of WIPgroup edit rights - HOWEVER, ideally, I do not want users of WIPgroup to be able to create any new pages in the wiki

Is there a simple way to do this? Some magic command or setting?

I have been unable to find a simple solution:

I am considering two possible solutions, neither of which will disable the ability to create a new page; both however would at least contain (I hope) the new pages in a limited space and not spread throughout the wiki.

1. Sandbox

2. ‘locking down’ the wiki to all but Admin in the default mode (ie in admin>Users&rights>Rights> all groups would have zero rights (including view and Comment. Then create a series of parent pages which specific USERgroup rights as needed for the content of parent>children

1 Sandbox
It is my understanding that a user can create, edit and generally learn about XWIKI in the Sandbox. Any activity is generally contained within the Sandbox.

I would permit WIPgroup view, comment, edit rights to Sandbox and children. Admin would then ADMIN would populate Sandbox with the desired pages that would be able to be viewed, commented on and create new pages within Sandbox.

Question: Is it possible to create Sandbox1, Sandbox2, Sandbox3 etc

Problem: Pages in Sandbox are not indexed and that would not

2 “lockdown of wiki”

My thought is to create a series of Parents-children with specific purposes pages. Examples:

QVPUB – pages that can be viewed & commented on by Public

QVREG – pages that could be viewed and commented on by registered users in the XwikiAllGroup (by rights to parent page QVREG

QEWIP – pages that could be viewed, comment and edit (and create new pages). This would be the main parent-child collection of pages that are to be collaboratively modified by members of the WIPgroup. The initial pages would be created by Admin. For example, WIP.AboutUs could be a page copied from the main wiki AboutUs for updating or modification by members of the WIPgroup

Then for QEWIP parent&children, assign View,Comment and Edit rights to the WIP.group and that should limit creation of new pages to at least be children of parent QEWIP.

Will this work or is there an easier way to permit editing (and limiting where new pages can be created?)

Thanks
Claws