Improve the definition of a Recommended Extension

Hi devs,

Our recommended extensions must follow these rules:
https://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/ExtensionCode/RecommendedExtensions/RecommendedDefinition/

One condition is:

Actively supported by one or several known persons (i.e. bugs get fixed in a timely manner, questions on the list are answered, releases are done regularly - several times per year)

This condition is pretty subjective and could me that a recommended extension that is working perfectly well in XWiki LTS+ but that hasn’t had any activity during the year would bet unrecommended, which I don’t find legit.

So I’m proposing to update that condition to the following:

• Consider the extension as active if:
    • There have been no bug issue updated within the past rolling 365 days. JQL = `project = “xxx” AND updated >= -365d and type = Bug``
    • Or there have been bug issue updated within the past rolling 365 days BUT there have also been issue fixed during those past 365 days. JQL = project = "xxx" AND updated >= -365d and resolution = Fixed. Note: that we consider here that even if the closed issues are not bug one, it’s enough to justify that there’s been activity to the extension.

Please cast your vote.

Here’s my +1 to update the Recommended Extension accordingly.

Thanks
-Vincent

+1

+1

Just to clarify, the critieria you’re given here is to distinguish between existing recommended extension that should be unrecommended and existing recommended extension that should remain recommended right?

Or does it also apply to automatically consider a new extension which respect it as recommended? I’m not sure how the extension were selected to be recommended before (on case by case basis I guess), but this criteria seems a bit too “easy” to allow an extension to be recommended automatically with it: it doesn’t enforce to have at least one release for example.

You’re right, we need to be more precise. My proposal is to replace the line with:

"

• Actively supported by one or several known persons
    • Questions on the list are answered
    • Releases are done regularly and at least 1 release exists
    • Bugs get fixed regularly
    • The extension has to continue to satisfy the following criteria to keep being recommended
      • There have been no bug issue updated within the past rolling 365 days. JQL = project = “xxx” AND updated >= -365d and type = Bug
      • Or there have been bug issue updated within the past rolling 365 days BUT there have also been issue fixed during those past 365 days. JQL = project = "xxx" AND updated >= -365d and resolution = Fixed . Note: that we consider here that even if the closed issues are not bug one, it’s enough to justify that there’s been activity to the extension.

"

Thanks

OK +1 then

FTR I’ve implemented a page that gives information as to whether an extension should be unrecommended or not.