Is there any way to "sign" an article?

Hello,

Our company is using xWiki to write technical procedure, when we finish writing a procedure, it is reviewed by our technical manager and he usually just edit the document and write “verified by XXX”

My boss would like to know if there is a way to make it more “official” , for exemple giving a specific role to the TM so that he can mark a document as approved, and if the document is changed later on it will notify the user that the approved version is not this one (basically some kind of signature on a an article)

I don’t really have any experience with xWiki as i’m new to the company, so i’m kind of lost, if someone could give me advice it would be great, thanks !

An idea would be to use this extension contributed by a member of the community (don’t know how well it works) or develop something similar (easy to do): http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/XWiki%20Publication%20Workflow%20Application

It look exactly like what we are trying to achieve thanks !
The only downside is that we still have to make sure no one edit the verified document, there is no “lock” , but it’s a step in the right direction :slight_smile: