Move DocumentVersionReference to xwiki-platform-model

Hi,

the title of this proposal is pretty much self-explanatory: right now we have a class DocumentVersionReference whose goal is to declare a reference to a specific document version which is an API exposed in xwiki-platform-extension-handler-xar module under org.xwiki.extension.xar.job.diff package.

IMO this API should be part of the model since it’s a common UC to needs a reference to a specific document version. As a matter of fact, I’m opening this proposal today because I have the need in an extension I’m working on, and I was being re-inventing the wheel.

Now moving the API to another module is easy, but moving it to another package will involve some addition for backward compatibility support.

So I propose to make the following changes:

• Move DocumentVersionReference class to xwiki-platform-model under org.xwiki.model.reference package
  • Deprecate org.xwiki.extension.xar.job.diff.DocumentVersionReference and move it to a legacy module

WDYT?

Implicitly replacing all occurences of org.xwiki.extension.xar.job.diff.DocumentVersionReference from xwiki-platform-extension-handler-xar to org.xwiki.model.reference.DocumentVersionReference I assume?

+1,
Thanks

yes, of course

Note that I opened a PR containing the changes for that: https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-platform/pull/1900. So turning this proposal to a vote that I’ll close in 1 week so next friday 02/09 and already counting my vote and Manuel’s one.

+1

Closing this vote as agreed with 3 +1. I’ll finish and merge the related PR.