Need new UI Extension Points

Hello XWIki.
I am interested in new exension points. These are:

1] Content after the page title: This may be similar like this before Title but just after title.

2] After xdocFooter.

I refered this page about adding new extension point. But still I am not sure how I can do that, where to add the code, how to define the point location on page, etc.

Best regards,
Vishal

The issues already exist, see XWIKI-13080 and XWIKI-13081.

For other needs see also the UIXP investigation. At some point we could make these extensions points as part of platform. We just need more people requesting them or someone implement them and making a pull request (PR).

Hi Vishal,

If you want to add new extension points check how the existing ones are defined. It’s quite easy. See for instance xwiki-platform/xwiki-platform-core/xwiki-platform-flamingo/xwiki-platform-flamingo-skin/xwiki-platform-flamingo-skin-resources/src/main/resources/flamingo/contentheader.vm at master · xwiki/xwiki-platform · GitHub . You basically iterate over all the UI extensions for the specified extension point and render them. The downside is that you need to modify the template (the skin) so it’s best if these extension points end up in the platform so that you don’t have problems on upgrade. Pull requests are welcome :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Marius

To create new extension points, also see http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/DevGuide/UIXTutorial

I agree that we really need the before footer one, as a symmetrical one to the after header UIX. Other ones would be nice too. It’s really easy to add them and we should do it.

Pull requests welcome too :slight_smile:

Thanks. I will try and report back how it goes.

Thanks mflorea. It was really very easy.
Have a nice day :bouquet: