Problem with German Umlaut Ü [SOLVED]

Hi,

whenever I enter text in a page that contains a capital German Umlaut it is displayed url encoded.
Example: üöä ÖÄÜ will be displayed as äöü ÄÖÜ

Is there anything I can do to fix this ?

You will need to provide more detail about your setup and how to reproduce since it works well for me on myxwiki.org (10.11) for example. See https://tuska.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Test/Ü/ (it’s not even encoded in the HTML source).

You might want to take a look at https://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Documentation/AdminGuide/Configuration/Encoding/ if you did not already.

Ä is HTML encoding and not URL encoding.

I use Xwiki 9.4 on Debian 8 Linux (8.11) CK Editor as WYSIWYG editor.

I have switched to GWT Editor and the Umlauts are correct. When I use CK Editor it shows the HTML encoded form.

May be a bug in the editor ?

Maybe, 9.4 is pretty old and it’s possible something like this was fixed since but I don’t follow CKEditor closely enough to be sure. Have you tried to upgrade the WYSIWYG ?

Yes, I upgraded to 1.2.9 a few minutes ago, but git some errors and exceptions ans the HTML encoding is still there. Should I upgrade to 9.11 ?

Failed to unload installed extension [org.webjars.npm:bootstrap-3-typeahead-4.0.2]
Failed to unload installed extension [org.xwiki.contrib:application-ckeditor-plugins-1.29]
Failed to unload installed extension [org.xwiki.contrib:application-ckeditor-webjar-1.29]
Failed to unload installed extension [org.webjars:bootstrap-tour-0.11.0]
The [org.xwiki.ratings.internal.AverageRatingProtectionListener] listener is overwritting a previously registered listener [org.xwiki.ratings.internal.AverageRatingProtectionListener] since they both are registered under the same id [AverageRatingProtectionListener]. In the future consider removing a Listener first if you really want to register it again.
The [org.xwiki.ratings.internal.UpdateReputationListener] listener is overwritting a previously registered listener [org.xwiki.ratings.internal.UpdateReputationListener] since they both are registered under the same id [updatereputation]. In the future consider removing a Listener first if you really want to register it again.
The [org.xwiki.ratings.internal.AverageRatingProtectionListener] listener is overwritting a previously registered listener [org.xwiki.ratings.internal.AverageRatingProtectionListener] since they both are registered under the same id [AverageRatingProtectionListener]. In the future consider removing a Listener first if you really want to register it again.
The [org.xwiki.ratings.internal.UpdateReputationListener] listener is overwritting a previously registered listener [org.xwiki.ratings.internal.UpdateReputationListener] since they both are registered under the same id [updatereputation]. In the future consider removing a Listener first if you really want to register it again.

I guess you meant 1.29 :slight_smile:

Remind me of an old bug.

You might need to clean your browser cache. Also restarting the application server might worth it if you can.

It’s supposed to be much better for various reasons since that’s the LTS branch but it’s always a bit of work unless you don’t have much customization of standard files and wiki pages.

I have uninstalled ckeditor from all wikis. And reinstalled Version 1.29. This time no errors occur. I restarted Xwiki. I closed the browser cleared all caches, but the problem ist still there.

I will try to upgrade to 9.11

I upgraded from 9.4 enterprise-common to 10.11.1. The Umlaut bug is gone :D.

And by the way: Your upgrade processor is really great work ! The upgrade worked with out any problem.

Thanks a lot.

Great to hear ! We worked a lot on that recently :slight_smile: