XWiki 10.11.1 Released

The XWiki development team is proud to announce the availability of XWiki 10.11.1.

This is a bugfix release that covers important issues that we have discovered since 10.11 has been released.

You can download it here: https://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/Download

Make sure to review the release notes:
https://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/ReleaseNotes/Data/XWiki/10.11.1

Thanks for your support
-The XWiki dev team

1 Like

The Release Notes page for this release is not really helpful:

The provided link " Full list of issues fixed and Dashboard for 10.11.1." just leads to the generic System Dashboard which no release-specific information whatsoever.

Probably the link is just wrong / query parameter is missing?

Usually, the Release Notes pages also contain a summary table of fixes in this release directly on the page, but not in this case.

You’re right @GOhrner. There was a problem during the release and we used the wrong Release Notes template. It’s now fixed. Thanks for noticing.

1 Like

@GOhrner: just fixed it, thanks!

And there’s an issue with the signature of the .deb files:

An error occurred during the signature verification. The repository is not updated and the previous index files will be used. GPG error: http://maven.xwiki.org releases/

@Firebat We are looking into it.

I just started an upgrade and did not get any signature complain from apt.

just fixed it, thanks!

Thanks, looks much better! :slight_smile:

However, now the release page already lists two “(…) important bugs have been discovered since XWiki 10.11.1 has been released”. Does this mean that a 10.11.2 is already pending and you do not recommend to upgrade to 10.11.1 in order not to break anything which worked before?

Additionally, www.xwiki.org is really slow for me today, the Release Notes page takes about 7 seconds (even on subsequent invocations) just to display anything - is it just me, or is it a server-side issue?

XS 10.11.1 fixes several blockers issues from 10.11 so it’s better than 10.11. However there are still 2 blockers in 10.11 that weren’t fixed in 10.11.2. So if you’re upgrading from 10.11, then you should upgrade to 10.11.1. If you’re using some older versions you should probably wait for 10.11.2.

Now it all depends on the bugs, what they impact and whether you use the impacted features or not.

@atallahade This is something we could put in the RN maybe?

FTR the next release of the 10.11 branch (i.e. 10.11.2) will probably happen in 1 or 2 weeks from now.

@atallahade This is something we could put in the RN maybe?

I’ve added a note.

@atallahade
Seems to be an issue with the “release” repository and a wrong signature. “stable” works fine though.

OK I’m using “stable” one. Are you using “release” one since a long time ? It’s pretty rare to use it so it may have the issue since quite a while without us noticing.

Yes, for months. Last update I made from this repo was to 10.10

Ah, ok, thanks for the explanation.

From a user’s point of view, it’s interesting to distinguish between important bugs which have not yet been fixed in one specific release, and important bugs / regressions actually caused by this specific release.

If there would be a way to distinguish those two, it would help a lot with the update decision. What do you think?

I’m still on Xwiki 10.8.3 btw, would an update to 10.11 already be recommended once 10.11.2 is out, or do I still better wait a bit until async rendering and macro inline editing have matured a bit more?

yes it’s easy to do: you can click on each issue in the RN. This brings you to the issue page on jira.xwiki.org where you can see the “affects version” field which tells you when the bug was introduced.

XS 10.11.2 will most likely become the LTS at the end of January. So once it’s out you should be ok to upgrade to it.

:+1: