15.8 Upload error on quick menu upload functions

Hey everyone, today we upgraded from 15.5 to 15.8 (yay!)

Naturally I immediatly tried the added new quick menu upload functions, but unfortunately these give us an upload error;

voorbeeld_error

I suspect it has something to do with our url-rewrite functionality but I cant seem to get the logs logging the error theres nothing in the tomcat9 logs , neither when I put the fileuploadplugin on info:

Any suggestions/ideas how to solve this?

Thank you in advance!

I’d check with the Network tab from the browser’s developer tools to see if those failed upload requests have more information (e.g. in the response body).

1 Like

Ahh yeah, thanks a ton @mflorea !

Request URL: https://domain.nl/rest/wikis/xwiki/spaces/Sandbox/pages/TestPage1/attachments?prettyNames=true&createPage=true

Request Method:POST

Status Code: 500 Internal Server Error

Unfortunately it is not super enlightning (to me atleast)

Chances are, you should at least have an error or stacktrace in that request response.
Check the Network tab, not the Console one; for each request it has several tabs: Headers, Request, Cookie, etc.

1 Like

Oh crickey youe right! Thanks @watery !

It says:javax.mail.internet.ParseException: Missing start boundary

I’m wondering now if anyone else is facing this issue and whether or not I should post this as an issue on Jira?

Does image / attachment upload work outside the Quick Actions? Can you upload an image from the WYSIWYG editor’s Image dialog? Try also the Link dialog where you can upload an attachment. What happens if you drop an image or a file over the editor. Also, can you upload attachments from view mode, from the Attachments tab?

You should inspect the request in the Network tab to see if the file is sent.

Does image / attachment upload work outside the Quick Actions?

yes:

Can you upload attachments from view mode, from the Attachments tab?

yes:

Try also the Link dialog where you can upload an attachment.

works aswell! (TIL!)

What happens if you drop an image or a file over the editor.

Works normally:

Also, can you upload attachments from view mode, from the Attachments tab?

yes

All methods seem to work except the file upload method that uses the windows explorer, I also attempted:

• various browsers (edge, chrome, firefox) which gave the same result
  • A different computor (environment / endpoint)

I’m worried the error has something to do with the URLrewriter/ link shortener setup but the error seems to suggest something else.

For clarity:

Environment:
Ubuntu Linux 22.04.2
xwiki-tomcat9-mysql

I don’t understand. You said the image upload works from the Image dialog, which should open the modal to select a file from your file system. Isn’t this the “windows explorer” you’re referring to?

I don’t see how this could affect only Quick Actions and not the other ways of uploading an image. Maybe you can disable temporarily the URL rewriter to check if the quick image upload works.

Apologies for the delay mflorea! been rather hectic past week ! Thanks once more for your reply!

I’m referring to the function you get when you use the (for mew new) upload image function after using the img:: shortcut

The (‘older’) upload function of the ‘image’ function works normally:

… I’ll see if I can turn off the url rewriter in the weekend to test if it works then!

As this issue still exists for me I’m reviving the topic with the hope of perhaps finding a direction to look for a solution.

I see my last avenue was removing the url shortening parts of my setup - I’ll see about doing this this weekend (although I am a little concerned fiddling with it I suspect the issue is in this area)

• It does make me wonder if anyone else is using url shortening and has issues with the img:: uploading of images?

I did also notice this error:

Clipboard-image-handling-disabled Error Code Reference | CKEditor 4 Documentation

I saw this issue come up in an earlier discussion also so it might be entirely unrelated