Failed to retrieve the list of available macros

I set up a xwiki site of 8.4.5 (with a few extensions installed). The “Wiki Macros” button works well in the main wiki, while it will popup a warning message of “Failed to retrieve the list of available macros.” in all the other wikis.

I googled but found nothing help. So hope could get some help here.

Hi. In order to debug this, could you open your browser dev tools and check the result from the JSON request made to the CKEditor/MacroService page? Thx

I checked the JSON returned from server which is OK. While I found an error occurred which is located in:

http://xwiki.comp.com/webjars/wiki%3Asys/application-ckeditor-webjar/1.16/plugins/xwiki-macro/macroWizard.bundle.min.js

The error message is:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'toLowerCase' of undefined
    at HTMLDivElement.p (macroWizard.bundle.min.js:19)
    at Object.filter (macroWizard.bundle.min.js:23)
    at Object.reset (macroWizard.bundle.min.js:23)
    at HTMLDivElement.<anonymous> (macroWizard.bundle.min.js:25)
    at HTMLDivElement.dispatch (jquery.js:4737)
    at HTMLDivElement.r.handle (jquery.js:4549)
    at trigger (jquery.js:7819)
    at Object.b [as trigger] (/resources/js/xwiki/eventsBridge.js:1)
    at HTMLDivElement.<anonymous> (jquery.js:7903)
    at Function.each (jquery.js:365)

The source where error is occurred:

p = function() {
        var c = f(this).find(".macro-textFilter").val().toLowerCase()
          , a = f(this).find(".macro-categories .dropdown-toggle").attr("data-category")

I am not familiar with webdev, so please help me to resolve this. Thx!

XWiki 8.4.5 was released some time ago and it bundles an older version of CKEditor Integration. The URL of macroWizard.bundle.min.js shows that you have upgraded CKEditor to the latest version (1.16). You need to clear the browser cache.

Hope this helps,
Marius

Thanks. Downgrade to 1.14 and clear browser’s cache works!

In my case, i upgraded from version 9.4 to 9.8.1 and import wiki backup, this import change some thins in ckeditor. When i uninstall and install plugin again, all works fine!.

Hello,

I had the same issue with the list of available macros.

My xwiki version is 8.4.5
My CKEditor Integration version is 1.14

I uninstalled the extension and re-installed back again and I could see again the window that shows available macros.

I still have an issue: I don’t see any more macros in the list. Can you please help?

Many thanks

Hello,

I had the same issue with the list of available macros.

My xwiki version is 13.9
My CKEditor Integration version is 1.56

I tried to reinstall CK intergration, after the uninstallation, when ever I search the extension, this error shown:

Can you please help?

Many thanks