Filter Streams Help: MediaWiki Import

As we already have such a nice thread about the mediawiki importer: If there is an error would it be possible to print the snippet of mw markup that the importer choked on? Currently I could not find the snippet mentioned.

@rbr, not sure which snippet you’re referring to…

I refer to the snippet of mediawiki markup that causes an error in the importer. IIRC there is only a stack trace written to the job log, not the actual mediawiki code that caused the error.

I think it might be a problem with my database setup, hence why I didn’t follow up. I don’t really have time to dig deeper at the moment. I’m hoping the next person to touch the code might try that page as a test case. If they also get the same error then it’s obviously not just me.

However, I suspect this bit of wiki markup is somehow causing a duplicate wanted link entry in the database as it reads in the page history.

===Rolls-Royce XG-40===

Rolls-Royce began development of the XG-40 technology demonstrator engine in 1984.<ref>{{cite news |first=Michael|last=Donne |title=Rolls to develop engine for fighters  |work=The Times |publisher=Times Newspapers |date=1984-03-05 |accessdate=2007-07-05}}</ref> Development costs were met by the British government (85%) and Rolls-Royce.<ref name="avwk">{{cite news |title=Rolls Readies Demonstrator Engine For European Fighter Aircraft|work= Aviation Week & Space Technology|publisher=McGraw-Hill |date=1986-06-23 |accessdate=2007-07-05 }}</ref>

On 2 August 1985, Italy, West Germany and the UK agreed to go ahead with the Eurofighter. The announcement of this agreement confirmed that France had chosen not to proceed as a member of the project.<ref>{{cite news | first = Paul | last = Lewis | title = 3 European Countries Plan Jet Fighter Project. | work = The New York Times | publisher = The New York Times Company | page = 31 | date = 1985-08-03 | accessdate = 2006-12-19}}</ref> One issue was French insistence that the aircraft be powered by the [[SNECMA M88]], in development at the same time as the XG-40.<ref>{{cite news |first=Michael |last=Donne |title=Why three into one will go; Europe's new combat aircraft |work=Financial Times|date= 1985-08-03|accessdate=2007-07-05}}</ref>

I happily try to import the page on of my test machines, if you share your import settings.

Thanks @rbr,

I used these settings:

Input:
Absolute reference: true
Produce rendering events: false
XWiki conversion: true
Attach files: true
Only take into account registered namespace: true
Terminal Page: true
Verbose: true
Output:
Verbose: true
Preserve author: false
Delete existing doc: false
Stop when doc save fail: true
Preserve version: true

Think you can skip the images if it’s easier.