Install applications etc without existing management applications

I’ve just installed an empty xwiki. I can’t administer it, because there’s no Administration Application.
Instead I get offered a simple ‘Import’ page. Is that for importing applications?
Assuming it is - where do I find the correct version of the Administration Application? The link provided goes to v15.1, but I installed v14.10.5 (LTS) of xwiki.

Thanks,
Richard

1 Like

As suggested on Installing XWiki .war package manually (XWiki.org) the first time you access your wiki after installing the WAR (whatever the type of package you used to install this WAR) you are supposed to get a wizard which main job is to let you create the initial administration user and install the flavor (which contains, among other things, an administration UI to install other extensions).

Yes - I chose not to install the flavor, but go ahead with an empty wiki. Since that seemed to be a valid option, I assume there’s also a way to install extensions from that state - including, if required, a flavor. Whether that’s by importing packages, or running something from the command line, I don’t really mind.

If there’s no way to do that, is there a way to re-run the Distribution Wizard?

There is no extension install UI in a totally empty wiki right now. You can only import pages, but it’s not enough to install a complex dependency tree like the standard flavor.

You can delete the status which store the fact that you don’t want any flavor. It’s located in <permdir>/jobs/status/distribution/status.xml.zip (/var/lib/xwiki/data/jobs/status/distribution/status.xml.zip with the Debian package)

Thanks - deleting that file didn’t seem to work, but dropping and recreating the database did :slightly_smiling_face:

Cheers,
Richard