Issue with reverse-proxy

Can you tell me what you actually have working, and what you don’t have working? Replace my links with links to your actual wiki and tell me how far you can go before something is not working.

Does step 1 work?

Does step 2 work?

Does step 3 work?

Does step 4 work?

Test 5: Do these links work?

Test 6: Do these links work?

Is your website public? Can I access them to see for myself?

I want to thank to everybody performing an advices to this issue especially to @pdwalker. I am actually writing after few months to provide feedback.

As we were able to find out, I was up to little bit another case of usage than the one provided. I was expecting to set URL access to sub-xwiki with particular domain where example.example.com would be equal to subwiki access 12.23.45.65:8080/xwiki/wiki/subwiki without matching names of subwiki to domain name. We were able to produce a situation where subwikis and subdomain had matching names, but it had some risks to be properly used on production (I might be wrong here). There would be great if the XWIKI would support something like domain or subdomain access to the particular sub-wikis depending on some configuration (as the concept of sub-wikis would deserve).

Have a nice day all of you!

I haven’t followed this discussion but XWiki does provide domain access to subwikis, see https://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Documentation/AdminGuide/Virtualization/AccessWiki/#HDomain-basedwikiaccess

Thanks