Problem with upload pdf and logo

when i try to upload Logo or any pdf (files are max 20kb) i get this error:
Error when uploading the file: it might exceed the configured maximum upload size

using xwiki 14.10.17, on older xwiki (14.10.15) still in use its working without changing anything.

thanks for help

I do not recall any setting in xwiki config files but this is usually handled by the webserver / proxy. We use nginx and increased client_max_body_size, but even the default should be way higher than 20kb. Do you use Apache or nginx and have you checked the webserver config?

There is a setting in XWikiPreferences but it’s set to 107374182400 bytes by default in 14.10.10 (so I would guess comparable in 14.10.x), which is about 100MB so I doubt it’s that.
See Attachments (XWiki.org) for this limit.

It may be the proxy config, if you don’t find anything do look for the logs of your web container (tomcat, jetty or whichever you have), there may be interesting information in there.

Anca

but other machine with older version works fine without changing something and both machines are installed on same way

IIRC this may be related to a certain version, try to check these threads: https://forum.xwiki.org/search?q=max%20upload%20size

resolved making various uodates on VM where xwiki is hosted

thanks