Uploads not working through dialog box. Drag and drop OK

Hi All,

I’ve realised that since setting up urlrewrite as per Short URLs, uploading from click a browse button and using the windows dialog box fails. Tried in /admin/XWiki/XWikiPreferences and directly on a page using the attachments browse button.

It does however work fine when you drag and drop an image or file onto a page when editing with wysiwyg, or using the browse button in File Manager.

Before setting up Short URLs the upload definitely work as I had uploaded a few company Logos for subwikis without issue.

I’ve set xwiki up as ROOT webapp, hidden /view, and urlrewrite setup to remove /bin. I haven’t had any other issues with urlwrite, that I’m aware of at least.

The only difference in the urlrewrite.xml is I removed the gwtrpc rule as I’m using 14.2.1 (13.10 at the time of setting up urlrewrite)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE urlrewrite PUBLIC "-//tuckey.org//DTD UrlRewrite 4.0//EN"
        "http://www.tuckey.org/res/dtds/urlrewrite4.0.dtd">
<urlrewrite decode-using="null">

<rule>
    <note>
      Ensure that URLs that must not be served by the Struts Servlet are not modified.
    </note>
    <from>^/((bin|resources|skins|asyncrenderer|rest|webdav|xmlrpc|wiki|jcaptcha|webjars)/(.*)|robots\.txt)$</from>  
    <to type="forward" last="true">-</to>
  </rule>

<rule>
    <note>
      For all other URLs we prepend the "/bin/" prefix so that they get routed to the XWiki Action Servlet.
    </note>
    <from>^/(.*)$</from>
    <to type="forward">/bin/$1</to>
  </rule>

<outbound-rule>
    <note>
      Rewrite outbound URLs to remove the "/bin" part when there are two paths after it.
    </note>
    <from>/bin/(.*)/(.*)$</from>
    <to>/$1/$2</to>
  </outbound-rule>

<outbound-rule>
    <note>
      Rewrite outbound URLs to remove the "/bin" part when there's a single path after it.
    </note>
    <from>/bin/(.*)$</from>
    <to>/$1</to>
  </outbound-rule>

<outbound-rule>
    <note>
      Rewrite outbound URLs to remove the "/bin" part it's the last path.
    </note>
    <from>/bin$</from>
    <to>/</to>
  </outbound-rule>

</urlrewrite>

There is also an issue with notifications not loading , or even showing No notifications message, but this was happening both before and after urlrewrite. I think it is an IIS reverse proxy issue as notifications work when accessing the wiki locally via http://{ipaddress}:8080.

Found this post. Changing the upload.min.js with the change suggested fixed my issue. The issue still remained when uploading a CSV file using the Batch Import Application. That wasn’t much of an issue as unloading the attachment to the WebHome shows up on the Batch Import App page.

Although we also fixed this by enabling Allow Double Escaping in our IIS proxy. This also fixed notifications not populating externally. Similar to this thread.