14.6 missing edit in activity stream and notification

Hi, maybe I’m not looking in the right place, but a colleague asked me whether I saw its recent edit, that I missed.

Here’s the page history:

immagine

but there’s no sign of it in his activity stream (page edited about one week ago, the stream arrives to months ago):

immagine

Neither in my notifications (though these may be the most recent, I didn’t find them elsewhere):

immagine

Could it be that the page is a hidden page (and the user used is not showing hidden pages)?

Did you check the option “Show minor edits” on the History tab?

I think his point is that the changes appear in the history but not in the activity stream/notifications. Note that the changes are major changes and not minor ones (which would otherwise explain why they don’t appear in the stream/notifications).

No, the page was created as all the others.

immagine

Yes, and if I turn that off the edit is still there:

immagine

Exactly.

Ah, so minor edits would go unnoticed in the notifications too? Is that customizable, or is it by design?

See https://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Notifications%20Application/#HFilterminorevents and https://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Notifications%20Macro/

Thanks

1 Like

Ah, thanks. I sometimes forget that almost everything here is an extension, probably bundled by default.

So, is my initial request still valid, or is the edit effectively a minor one and is it correct that it doesn’t appear in the activity stream?

Now that I look closely, they all change in the number after the dot, hence I guess those were all minor ones. If that’s the case I don’t get why hiding minor edits in the History tab lists 1.3

ah my bad they are minor edits actually! (I misread, major edits would have been 2.1, 3.1, etc).

yes it’s correct that they don’t appear since they are minor edits.

Hiding minor edits shows one line per major edit (the latest version for that major is shown).

1 Like