Advice: Migrating to XWiki from Dokuwiki

Hi,

Does anyone have experience with transferring their knowledge base from Dokuwiki to XWiki? I am investigating if this is worth pursuing the free version for our team with the prospect of bringing the full digital department’s knowledge base onto XWiki.

We mainly use static, text heavy pages at the moment but are looking to incorporate more bootstrap elements on the site to improve both the UI and UX. Does anyone have any experience with this type of project and can offer some advice? Is XWiki the best platform to be looking at for this type of project?

Thanks,
Jonny

Hi, maybe you could check DokuWiki (XWiki.org)

Thanks

1 Like

And especially DokuWiki Text (XWiki.org) for import use case.

1 Like

Thanks guys, is it easy to install Bootstrap?

why would you want to install boostrap? XWiki comes with everything installed for its need :slight_smile:

1 Like

Current version of XWiki Standard contains Boostrap 3.4.1.

1 Like

Thanks, I missed that before. Good to know!

Thank you for this advice, I have attempted to replicate these steps on the demo but have had no luck. Assuming this is only possible when installed on a server with access to the directory?

Is this available to use directly in the WYSIWYG editor? I’ve written some html pages using bootstrap 4.5.1 that I’m planning on using as a template for new pages, just wondering what this will look like in XWiki.

How would I go about using Bootstrap 3.4.1 features in XWiki, would it be best to use the html macro and ensure the code uses 3.4.1 syntax or is there a way to use it within the editor?

Thanks,
Jonny

The import is done on server side, so it needs to be somewhere accessible to XWiki server. The documentation suggests a directory located on the server where XWiki is running, but a URL to a tgz file should work too (see https://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/DokuWiki/Text/#HSupportedinput for more details on supported input formats).