After upgrade to 15.6 Realtime WYSIWYG Collaboration does not work

Hello,

i have a Problem with my xWiki. After upgrading my xWiki to 15.6 the WYSIWYG Collaboration Editor does not work. I have installed the newest version of the WYSIWYG Editor but i still cant edit the Wiki with an other Person. Does anyone have a solution for my Problem?

I`ve already reinstalled the WYSIWYG Editor and the WYSIWYG Editor realtime collaborator.

Hi @Muffinman

can you share more details? What was the version you upgraded from? Did you change anything in the configuration or extensions?

Thanks

I am facing a similar issue after upgrading to 15.6, behavior is as follows:

Clicking on edit if WYSIWYG is set as default edit mode, with RealtimeCKEditor being set as default, results in the following console error:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 () xwiki-realtime-wysiwyg-inline.js:1

This confuses me a bit since afaik inline editing is not supported yet?

If i now manually select WYSIWYG from the editing dropdown, a Realtime Session opens and connects in standalone mode. This session works as intended with showing other connected users, allowing collaborative editing etc. However, any changes made will be discarded during the save and another error is thrown, with regards to https://xwikiurl/path/to/page/xwiki-realtime-wysiwyg-inline.js net::ERR_ABORTED 404.

I have updated the official way from 15.4 to 15.5 and now to 15.6, installed via tomcat9 package from the deb distribution, no changes where made to any config or files, all extensions have been updated to the current version.

So after further digging and checking some submitted bugs, the inline error is apparently not relevant. I combed through logs but could not find any indication of why the Realtime Session would not allow for file saving, especially after not changing any settings. There are Zero other errors reported, so i am kinda drawing a blank here as to what the possible reason could be.

Hello. I know I’m late here but did you solve the problem?
We had a similar problem with the CKEditor after an update to 15.7 and it happened to be the case that an old Firefox version was the problem. After updating Firefox everything is fine now. Since the WYSIWYG Collaboration Editor seems to use CKEditor, could this be the reason for your trouble as well?

Hello @heinoh ,

we are also testing the Realtime WYSIWYG Collaboration, XWiki 15.8 and we use different browser (Firefox, Chrome, Edge) to see if it works with any browser. But it seems to broken at the moment, not sure when it gets fixed.

In another post (Realtime WYSIWYG Editor Page locked - #16 by mflorea) @mflorea mentioned that they might work on it in the next months.

1 Like

Yes, that is the plan, but I haven’t progressed much due to other tasks. I’ll try to catch up this month.

1 Like