Always have only "Home" in the navigation of an empty XS

Hi devs,

Right now, we have 3 top level pages that IMO we should hide in the navigation panel (when show hidden pages is turned on):

  • Crypto
  • Macros
  • RTFrontEnd

I’m proposing to add them to default exclude list in the nav panel config.

I’m also proposing as a general rule that for a clean XS, we always make sure that when hidden pages are turned on, we only display Home by default, and have a functional test for it.

WDYT?

Thanks

PS: Note that we need to conclude on locations of technical pages in the wiki but that’s another thread…

So the reason is that Macros, Crypto and RTFrontEnd are missing WebHome pages.

The proposal still stands:

I’m also proposing as a general rule that for a clean XS, we always make sure that when hidden pages are turned on, we only display Home by default, and have a functional test for it.

WDYT?

Thx

+1

+1

Addition: Also update https://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Community/ApplicationDevelopmentBestPractices to mandate a WebHome page for extensions that create new top level spaces (so that these top level spaces are excluded by default from the Nav Panel).

For Crypto → Loading...

Related: Loading...

We should be able to close it after we apply this thread’s proposal :slight_smile:

+1 thanks

Done for Crypto.WebHome → XWIKI-11879: Missing Crypto.WebHome page · xwiki/xwiki-platform@de7ccf8 · GitHub

For Macros.WebHome, I’m proposing to add it inside xwiki-platform-rendering-ui for now.

WDYT?

Done: XWIKI-22739: Missing Macros.WebHome page · xwiki/xwiki-platform@be30a8b · GitHub