Application csv export

Hello everybody!

is there a way to export the (text)-content of an application (awm) to a csv file?

I tried this extension: https://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Spreadsheet%20export%20application/

but can’t get any satisfying restults…

I’d like to add a lexicon/glossary in our wiki via an application, and I would like to print this glossary (or part of it).

Thanks you in advance,

vince

There is nothing by default in XWiki to export to CSV.
But you could adapt this example https://snippets.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/CSV%20Export%20of%20Users to suit your needs (export pages instead of users).

Or try to adapt the extension you’ve mentioned.

Hi vince, evalica, all,

Vince, that’d be interesting to know more about the issue you’re facing with the spreadsheet export application if you have a moment: this may help improving it.

There’s actually a macro that we released recently that supports CSV export, it’s the Livetable Exporter Macro, which is meant to obsolete the Livetable Excel Export Macro. Let us know if it suits your need?

Cheers

Hi slauriere,

this is EXACTLY what I was looking for, this is great, thank you very much!
Just a question, I installed it but no export buttons are visible… should I restart xwiki?
or, where to puts this?

{{addExcelExportToLivetable livetable=“my-livetable” /}}

in the description of the App ?
Indo: I’m using xwiki 10.5, should I update it to allow the extention to work?
This would be nice to explain this in the extentions page :slight_smile:

all the best,

vince

@vince,

Good to know this is what you were looking for. No need to restart XWiki, once you have a livetable added to a page, just add a call to the macro in the same page (see below). I updated the macro description page. Please let me know if anything remains unclear.

{{livetableExporter livetable="livetable-id" /}}

Regards,

livetabletest-excel.txt (22.5 KB)
livetabletest-json.txt (7.1 KB)

Hi slauriere,
thank you for your help, I really appreciate!
could you add to the description, that the macro can only add ONE button, so if somebody wants all, they need to add one macro for each button.

CSV works like a charm and I’m really happy!
Since this is the only one I need it is fine for me, but I got errors with excel and a json file with a lot more of information, is it intended to be like this?

see the 2 attached files.
(I needed te replace the extension to .txt to be allowed to upload, please replace the extensions back to .xls and .json)

All the best,

Vince

Hi @vince,

Thank you for your feedback. I added to the macro documentation the fact that one macro call per export format is needed indeed, good point.

Regarding the Excel export issue: I installed the latest version of the macro on XWiki Standard 11.2 and I could not reproduce the problem so far. That’d be great if you could create an issue in the related Jira project with the detailed steps you followed to get the error, that would help reproducing it and tracking the issue. You could also check in the extension section of the administration module that the Excel plugin was installed successfuly, by hitting the “Show details” button of the extension, then the “Progress” tab, which should display the installation log.

As for json: as far as I can see, the json file you attached looks ok, doesn’t it? What do you mean by “a json file with a lot more information”? Are you getting more entries in json than in csv?

Cheers

Hi slauriere,

I just uploaded 3 files to the JIRA issue. (one csv, one json and one excel). They are all from the same Livetable, working on xwiki 10.5.

the Excel Plugin (1.1) is installed sucessfully (seen in log).

cheers!

vince

Thanks @vince, I can see the uploaded files on XALTXLS-18 indeed. I commented on the issue: that may be useful that you provide a XAR of the target pages in addition if you can, in order to reproduce the issue more easily.

Hey slauriere,
I just added a .xar to the issue : XALTXLS-18
all the best
vince