Attachment upload with bigger sizes sometimes not working

Hi.
I increased the maximal allowed uploaded file size from 50 MB to 500 MB as described here: Attachments (XWiki.org). And I guess it’s changed as the test upload with 51 mb was now working.

To prove the 500 mb I made a file that size and it never worked but got an unspecific error message different then before. The log file says

Caused by: java.io.IOException: No space left on device

But that wasn’t true. To check the edge I decreased my test files. I found out that 100 mb seems to be a special size. Sometimes it worked other times not.

Could there be some timing/timeout problem causing this behaviour?
Regards, Simpel

PS: We use XWiki 13.10.6 on Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS and Tomcat 9.0.31
/data/xwiki/data/store/file/ has 16 GB
DB is Ver 15.1 Distrib 10.6.8-MariaDB, for debian-linux-gnu (x86_64) using readline 5.2

I doubt it wasn’t true. Are you sure you checked the space left for the right partition/mount?

I’m sure because I uploaded for testing multiple test files with smaller sizes that are in total much more size. (And I deleted them afterwards - including recycle bin.)

Well, there’s no way that the message can be wrong :slight_smile: So you need to understand where it comes from.

Next step of debugging:

df -h /data/xwiki/data/store/file

returns

Filesystem                  Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/mapper/vgdata-lvxwiki   40G   16G   22G  43% /data/xwiki/data

Any further ideas where to start searching?

Is this the filesystem used for tmp files for examples?

I checked xwiki.properties. The only changed path different from default is:

environment.permanentDirectory = /data/xwiki/data/

Tried to check out temporary environment. I can’t access the server directly but do have programming rights so I tried this:

mktemp -u

It results in:

/tmp/tmp.kOmsJ0BHQG

So I guess it’s not used for tmp files?