I am testing backup and restore for this product and it doesnt seen to work as the admin guide says
The process I am simulating is backup everything and delete one of my wiki dtests and restoring it from backups
I backed up all the files and did a mysql backup of database as shown
- WEB-INF/xwiki.cfg (old XWiki configuration file but still used)
- WEB-INF/hibernate.cfg.xml (Hibernate configuration)
- WEB-INF/xwiki.properties (new XWiki Configuration file)
- WEB-INF/classes/logback.xml (Logging configuration)
- WEB-INF/observation/* (Cluster configuration)
mysqldump --add-drop-database --databases dtests > dtests.sql
My wiki name is dtests
So as per procedure, I backed up the database and everything as per wiki admin guide.
I now delete the wiki fully from global wiki administration ie : dtests. So all the database and wiki is deleted
Now to restore data as per procedure i did
mysql -e “SET FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS=0;”
mysql -e “DROP DATABASE dtests;”
mysql -e “CREATE DATABASE IF NOT EXISTS dtests_new DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8;”.
mysql dtests_new --user=root -p < dtests.sql
Re-enable constraints checks: mysql -e “SET FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS=1;”
then restart tomcat service
The procedure documented on your portal stops here. .
What must be done for me to see this wiki back as i dont see it in the global wiki list ??