Change Request 0.1 & 0.2 released

Hi everyone,

I’m glad to announce the release of Change Request 0.2 (0.1 was released but got an important bug): this is a new contrib extension which aims at allowing people to propose changes in a wiki, without publishing right away their changes. The idea is to have a new edition workflow similar to what can be done on open-source development when performing a pull requests.

Note that this extension is still under heavy development, so install it only for testing purpose and not in production. For more information, the documentation is available here: Application Change Request - UI (XWiki.org)

Cool, thanks @surli ! Do we have an announcement for version 0.1? It would be good to have one for the sake of consistency.

BTW the EM metadata in the pom should be improved (the name is not following our pattern) :slight_smile: See Application Change Request - UI (XWiki.org)

Application Change Request - UIChange Request Application.

Well I haven’t announced it because I immediately found some important bugs after releasing it, so I preferred to fix them right away and release a 0.2.

That wasn’t my point. Any release must be announced as it exists. I’ve now updated this post.