Change UNC-path from file to localfile

We have a need to change the way we open network folders and files.

Right now, a link with an UNC-path is handled as file:[UNC_PATH], but we need to change that through the whole XWiki to localfile:[UNC_PATH]

Is this something that can be changed? If so, where do I need to make a change?

Am I right that I need to make a change in the “UNCXHTMLLinkTypeRenderer”?

We don’t provide this kind of refactoring ATM, would be interesting to do at some point.

However you have several solutions:

ok I think I misunderstood you :slight_smile: You want to change the rendering of UNC links.

Yes that’s correct. You can provide a new implementation of that component with a higher priority so that your version is used. See Component Module (XWiki.org)

1 Like

Thanks, I will try to get this working!

Am I right that the “Component Module” is already installed as a “core extension” as the “XWiki Platform - Component - Script Service”?

Yes it’s already installed as it’s core (but it’s not the one you listed but it doesn’t matter).

See Creating XWiki Components (XWiki.org)

We are looking into this, but we are having trouble locating the META-INF/components.txt file.

Do we need to create this file ourselves or is it located somewhere already?

P.s. We are running XWiki in a docker, so that’s another layer of complexity.

EDIT: Seems like we’ll need to use Maven (Creating a XWiki component using Maven)

It seems we misunderstood each other. When I said:

This means coding a new component ie in development mode.

OTOH, you could also use a wiki component to achieve the same result, see https://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/WikiComponent%20Module (but using java is a better choice).