Children macro does not "show more"

Hi.
the children macro is not showing more, when I click on “3 more”.
It is only switching from “3 more” to the last (alphabetic) page, which is in my case “Texturing”. But 2 other pages are not showing.
Can I maybe get an option to show everything on loading the page, instead of getting the only the first 15 pages ? and I don’t need “translations” and “Attachments”.

Thank you

xwiki_children-macro_1

this is, when I click on “3 more”

xwiki_children-macro_2

Looks like https://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-14643 but it was fixed long time ago…

Hi.

ok, properly thats the case.
I try to update. v9.4 is currently installed.
The upgrade from xwiki-enterprise-tomcat7-mysql to xwiki-tomcat7-mysql is working, but the distribution wizard is not showing up. The upgrade is not really working. My context-menu to see “Administer Wiki” is not there and “children”-macro not installed. But maybe I do something wrong, because it is my first time, that I have to admin xwiki here.
I’ll try to understand it today and will work it out.

Hi.

It is strange. I updated to 11.7, but all macros are not working.
“Document Tree Macro” is installed, but it has problems to install “ChildrenMacro”.
During upgrading in the extention manager, it is showing a “not found”, but no errors after finishing the upgrade.
And not only {{children/}} is not working. also other tree-macros, like {{documentTree /}} oder {{wikis /}}

I uninstalled “DocumentTreeMacro” and installed it again, but it is not working.

xwiki_extention_tree0

Can you check who the last author of the XWiki.DocumentTree page is and whether this user has admin rights?

Hi. All pages you see are Last modified by xadmin.

Hello all,
I’ve been having the same problem. Not all macros failed though, just some and some translations too.
I went into high debug and tried changing JVM and…
I, of course, tried resaving but there was probably a kind of conflict.
I’ve also tried deleting all extensions and reinstalling… nothing.

At the end I’ve exported the content, re-installed (I am running shortURLs that always takes a bit of time to configure), and re-imported the selected bit (the main content, main page, known users, and XWikiPreferences of which I removed the attachments). The bug disappeared.

So at least the data is not broken.
But I am unhappy to have not succeeded in finding the issue.
What’s really cool is that such a harsh re-install looses almost no data (I think I lost a few spammers) and that this works fairly easily.

My earlier install was a debian install, my newer one is not; I will update independently.

Maybe this helps.

Paul