CKEditor Issues

Hi there,

I am having some trouble finding the root cause of my issue and wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts.

Basically, yesterday afternoon our CKEditor plugin decided to stop working properly. At first I was not able to edit any page, I would just get a spinning wheeling. After rebooting the server my instance is on, this issue was fixed but I got some other issues. When I go to edit a page I get an error related to require.js and CKEditor plugins in the network tab. I have not seen an error related to require.js or CKEditor so I am not sure what caused this.

I thought that updating the CKEditor plugin extension to the latest version would possibly fix this issue, but it only cause more issues. So I downgraded back to the version I was previously on.

I also read this post related to CKEditor. I was able to find the CKEditor jar files in my XWiki permanent directory, as mentioned in the post, so I do not think there is something wrong with the installation of the CKEditor extension.

One final thought is to update our instance to the latest LTS (currently on 10.11.9) to see if that would fix it, but have not gone down this route yet.

Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated.

I was able to fix this so I wanted to update the post in case someone else runs into this issue.

When the extension was updated it also updated two other extension that are dependents. “CKEditor WebJar” and “CKEditor Plugins for XWiki” are the two extension that were also updated. When the extension was downgrade back to the original version the other two dependency were not downgraded automatically. Once I downgraded the dependent extensions CKEditor started working correctly.

1 Like

Thanks for posting the solution.