CKEditor not loading anymore

Hi!

After working nicely for some days, I now have a problem using CKEditor. When trying to edit a page, the editor won’t be loaded. This is regardles of the browser used (tried Firefox, Chrome, Edge - all current versions) and clearing browser caches does also not help.

I receive 404 while loading resourcePicker.min.css, macroWizard.min.css, resourcePicker.bunde.min.js and macroWizard.bundle.min.js. There are also errors in the debug console:
grafik

What might have caused the problem: I accidentialy installed the CKEditor Extension on a XWiki 8.4.5 (which already comes with CKEditor). The installation hit some errors (which I do not recall) and finished without having installed the plugin. Any chance to repair this?

Regards
Marcus

What version is displayed as installed in the Extension Manager (from the Wiki Administration) if you search for CKEditor Integration in the installed extensions?

And if you search for CKEditor Integration in all extensions, what buttons do you have for the 1.20 version? Upgrade or Uninstall?

The version number is 1.14. In addition there is hint saying “Installed, but invalid” (hope this is the correct translation for “Installiert, aber ungültig”). The blue button is labelled “Repair”.

When searching all extensions, the version number is 1.20 and the button is labelled “Upgrade” (“Aktualisieren”). There is also a hint saying “The installed version 1.14 is invalid” (“Die installierte Version 1.14 ist ungültig”).

OK, I suggest you try the Upgrade button from the 1.20 version, taking some screenshots or writing down the steps you take along the way.

This is what I did:

grafik

Clicked on “Upgrade” (“Aktualisieren”)

grafik

Clicked on “Proceed” (“Fortfahren”)

grafik

After clearing the browser cache, the WYSIWYG editor is now back to functional state.

Thank you!!