Configuring SSL for My Dockerized xwiki

Hello,

I’m facing an issue with configuring SSL for xwiki, which is running in a Docker container on a Linux server. I’ve tried a few steps but haven’t been successful, so I’m seeking guidance from the community.

Problem Description: I have xwiki running in a Docker stack, and visitors from the internet can access it without SSL, but I want to make my website secure by enabling SSL.

My Setup:

• Linux server running the web app in Docker.
  • SSL certificate files: “cer_private_key.key” (private key) and the certificate itself.

Docker Compose File:

https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-docker#postgresql-example

What I’ve Tried: I’ve already transferred the SSL certificate files to the server and attempted to modify the Docker Compose file. I added the necessary ports and environment variable XWIKI_HTTPS=true to the service. Additionally, I set up an Nginx reverse proxy to handle SSL.

The Issue: Despite my efforts, the website is still not loading securely via HTTPS. I believe there might be a misconfiguration or additional steps required that I’m missing.

Request for Assistance: I’m seeking help from the community to understand what I might be doing wrong or if there are any specific steps I’m overlooking. Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

If you need more specific details or files, please let me know, and I’ll provide them. Thank you in advance for your help!

Best regards

Hello Ahmad,

I am attempting to do the same as you, with similar setup i.e. Docker running xwiki container on RHEL Rocky 9.2.

Have you been able to solve this problem?

Many thanks in advance,
John