Confluence Migration: <code> Tag not migrated

I’m currently evaluating the migration of our Confluence instance (7.19.2) to an XWiki instance (14.10) by using the migrator tool.

We have loads of inline code styling all over our Confluence pages (produced by applying “Preformatted code” in Confluence WYSIWYG-Editor, resulting in <code>my text</code> elements). These tags get lost during migration. Is there anything I can do about it to preserve these or transform them to <mark></mark>?

As I’m novice to the magic world of XWiki, I do not know enough about input and output formats. I would assume that feeding a Confluence XML would result in XWiki-Markup, which keeps these tags.

Any hint or nudge into the right direction would be highly appreciated.

Thank you! :slight_smile:

I just checked, and I can indeed confirm you that there is no specific handling of the <code> element (so you get the content of it but the fact that it’s a code block is lost).

Does not seem too hard to support. The best would be to create an issue on Loading... with a package to reproduce the issue (an information on how it’s supposed to behave on Confluence side is nice too) and make sure of how the source to support looks like.

1 Like

Hey Thomas, thanks for your fast reply. Will open a ticket today over at JIRA. Since I’m new to this: what do you mean by “package to reproduce the issue”? I assume it’s a XAR, but what should go into? Is there any documentation on how to handle this? Thanks again :slight_smile:

I mean a Confluence package to reproduce the same problem, so that I can look at the exact Confluence content to parse and make sure it’s fixed.

OK, understood! I just opened a ticket over at JIRA: Loading...
Thanks for your assistance and patience! :slight_smile:

Thanks, one last question to implement it since I have a hard time finding documentation about “inline code formatting”: in your experience, is code inside it ever colored, or it’s just a box with monospaced characters ?

Actually, its only style on the Confluence side is font-related only and without color (nothing fancy regarding syntax highlighting):

font-family: SFMono-Medium,SF Mono,Segoe UI Mono,Roboto Mono,Ubuntu Mono,Menlo,Courier,monospace;

But we use the <code>-tag to apply our own CSS to it, in our case:

code {
        border-radius: 5px;
        color: #000;
        padding: .275em;
        border-radius: 5px;
        font-size: .9em;
        margin  : 0 0.2em 0 0.2em;
        top: -1px;
}

I’ll add that to the ticket as well. Thank you!

A Confluence syntax parser 9.18.0 with support for <code> tag is not released.

I assume you meant now? :wink: Thank you for your work! Really appreciate this! I already checked via extension updater but I guess it takes its time upstream for the next version. Looking forward!

Actually there was a problem with the release and I had not noticed. Now it’s available.

Dear Thomas, I just tried and it works fine. Merci beaucoup!

Dear @tmortagne , it broke again, I added Loading... - thanks for having a look!

Should be OK now (in 9.19.1).

Thank you for the superfast fix!