Confluence Migrator - Step 6 Nested pages error with Compute plan

Getting an error with the Confluence Migrator on Step 6 Nested pages when trying to Compute plan. Not sure how long it normally takes but after about 15mins of it not showing a response I inspected with Chrome Browser and found the following error:

Hello! This seems to be an issue that reproduced on older versions of the migrator. Could you please let us know:

• version of Confluence migrator
  • version of Nested pages migrator
  • version of XWiki
  • did the nested pages migration step work for you so far on any space?

Hi, thanks for your help.

Confluence Migrator 1.0.12

Nested Pages Migrator Application 0.9.1

• version of XWiki
    XWiki 14.10.6

I have only one space to test this on, will I be able to remove it and try again?

Hi, thank you for your response. The issue is probably caused by the Nested Pages Migrator version, as it is not compatible with the Confluence Migrator. Could you please downgrade the Nested Pages Migrator to 0.7.5 , clear cache, and then try the process again?

Also, please make sure that in your migration profile:

• the “Custom url” field is unticked
  • the “space” field is correctly filled in with “IGA”, the key of your space
  • the “UR” field should contain only the path up to “.net”

I have only one space to test this on, will I be able to remove it and try again?

Yes, if the migration is profile is still open you can reset the migration by clicking on the “Reset Migration” button on the top right. Alternatively, you can go to the root page of the imported pages (probably “IGA” in your case) and delete the whole tree

Hi, thank you for your help.

I was able to downgrade the Nested Pages Migrator to 0.7.5 and start again.

This time around, I was able to Compute the plan, however during the execution there is no indicator anything is happening (status bar no progress and no logs). The pages seem to be migrated but no hierarchy/page trees.

I’m having the exact problem:

Confluence Migrator 1.0.12
    Nested Pages Migrator Application 0.9.1
  • version of XWiki
    XWiki 15.2
    It worked only once when I used older version I think. Is there any workaround besides downgrading the Nested Pages Migrator and redoing everything from scratch? The import of my company’s data takes 12 hours to get to the final step of the nested pages migration…

Screenshot 2023-04-07 090934

Updates: So, I didn’t reimport everything. I just downgraded Nested Pages Migrator to 0.7.5, refreshed the page at step 6, the error above went away. I was able to compute the plan and see the new page hierarchy in the plan. However, when I clicked Execute plan, it then showed the progress bar that never moved and the logs was also empty. It didn’t seem to do anything and I still don’t get the new page hierarchy implemented at all.

Then I checked the server log and saw this:

xwiki-web     | 2023-04-07 13:20:02,070 [http-nio-8080-exec-9 - https://xwiki.local/bin/get/NestedPagesMigration/Service?outputSyntax=plain&action=printStatusAndLogs&jobAction=executemigrationplan] ERROR
 o.a.v.d.null                   - Exception in macro #printStatusAndLogs called at xwiki:NestedPagesMigration.Service[line 16, column 1] 

Updates 2: I downgraded both the Nested Pages Migrator Application and the Nested Pages Migrator API to 0.7.5 and it worked for me. Hope this bug will get fixed in the next extensions update.

Looks like I have same error: “2023-04-11 08:20:06,396 [http-nio-8080-exec-6 - http://oxnetwiki02:8080/xwiki/bin/get/NestedPagesMigration/Service?outputSyntax=plain&action=printStatusAndLogs&jobAction=createmigrationplan] ERROR o.a.v.d.null - Exception in macro #printStatusAndLogs called at xwiki:NestedPagesMigration.Service[line 16, column 1] " But Nested Pages Migrator Application is on ver. 0.7.5 already and “compute Plan” looks frozen? (I have created separate post Compute Plan does not compute probably not necessary). Also you have mentioned about: “Nested Pages Migrator Application” and “Nested Pages Migrator API”. I cannot find “Nested Pages Migrator API” in the extensions search at all? after some time (usually takes 10 - 20 minutes) browsers reports error: ":8080/xwiki/bin/view…/Migrator/#step-6:1”. Server logs does not report anything at this stage.
Capture_Migrator

The Nested Pages Migrator API extension is required by the Nested Pages Migrator Application. If you installed Nested Pages Migrator Application you should have both. Check the installed extensions.
Screenshot 2023-04-13 123543

Thanks for the answer. Noticed I have it (when searching in installed extensions):
But my version is 0.9.1 - maybe that is the problem… can’t see option “Downgrade”:
Also tried to find separate download for version 0.7.5… not available official XWIKI web:

Manage to downgrade, but end up with compatibility issues:

I have the same Problem at step 6 with Netsted Migrator and the error message tells me that Version 0.8 ist not compatible

Screenshot 2023-12-07 at 14-18-22 Confluence Migrator - XWiki

XWiki: 15.10
Confluence Migrator Apllication 1.1
Nested Pages Migrator Apllication: 0.7
Nested Pages Migrator API: 0.7

The Nested Pages Extensions where first installed as dependency with version 0.7.6.
After the error i downgraded both Extensions to version 0.7 but the error still exists.

Screenshot 2023-12-07 at 14-23-27 Global Administration - XWiki

Can Someone tell me how to fix this or do i have to clear something. I already cleared the browser cache.
Thank you for your help.