Copy page content to clipboard without edit controls links

This should be obvious, but I can’t find how to do it.

I have several pages that are like premade replies for requests I receive. Hence their content is ready to be copy-pasted in an email.

But since I have edit rights on those pages, I noticed that selecting the text copies the links to “Edit” too.
How do I avoid copying such elements? Or maybe, can I see a readonly version of a page?

Hi,

If I get what you want to do, I guess an easy way is :

• you make a user that has the same rights as the people that will receive the mail
  • you log in with this user
    in a Private Window, or a container of Firefox, or using another profile of your browser, etc…
  • you view the page there, and do your copy and paste task.

Another way : you export the page with PDF or another format, and send this in the mail ?

I often forget that there’s the playgroung.
This is the text I copy-pasted from this page here in a quote block.

Hi. This is a nice page.

It has a headingEdit

This paragraph describes a functionality, gives a couple of examples.

This is another heading, with a custom formatting

Even this paragraph comes with some formatting that are nice to keep when copy-pasting elsewhere.

This last heading is just to make another pencil appearEdit

Yikes!

See those “Edit” links? I don’t want them to be copied over.

Thanks, but these pages are there for quick copy-pasting text, all your solutions defeat this easiness.

I’m wordering if a custom JS could change the copied content somehow, hmmm.
And, I noticed that Print preview action actually can be of help.

(playground page source since the playgroung will be reset)

Hi. This is a nice page.

== It has a heading ==

This paragraph describes a functionality, gives a couple of examples.

=== This is another heading, with a (% class="small" %)custom formatting(%%) ===

Even this paragraph comes with some formatting that are //nice// to **keep** when __copy-pasting__ elsewhere.

== This last heading is just to make another pencil appear ==

Yikes!

I’ve found the user-select CSS property, I’ll test on my instance.

Hi @watery,

you might want to take a look at the little javascript I knitted together in this thread that allows me to copy page content (with embedded images and without „Edit“-links), maybe it is helpful in some way?

Regards