Copy/Paste from WYSIWYG Editor Breaks Images

Mh, if I select everything in WYSIWYF edit mode on one page which contains images and paste it into another page’s WYSIWYG editor, all looks fine for a moment, including the pasted images.

However, if I then save the target page, suddenly all images are only shown as broken links.

Is this a known issue? I’m using the XWiki 10.11.8 Debian packages.

From a technical POV I guess the images are relative links and not absolute one (they were not added with the WYSIWYG editor itself probably?). When pasted in the other page, it’s not seen as a refactoring, so when you save you still get the same links pasted and they fail because they’re relative and no longer point to anything.

As far as I remember, the affected screenshot actually was originally uploaded using copy/paste (pasting the image alone from the screenshot taking application) into the WYSIWYG editor.

I understand the potential technical issues behind the symptoms, but the current behaviour is nevertheless wrong / a bug - especially as immediately after pasting everything looks fine including the images, and only after saving the document they are lost and replace by “broken reference” icons. :slight_smile:

So if it’s not known so far, I shoud probably report a bug in JIRA.

https://jira.xwiki.org/browse/CKEDITOR-301