Creating link in CKEDitor / WYSIWYG Editor

Hello,

We have installed WAR XWIKI in Windows Server STD Edition 2016, under Tomcat 8.3.

When we use CKEditor link button window, page cannot be saved, launching “Server not responding” message. When we create a link using Plain Text Editor we do not have any problem and page is saved.

We have tested other options in CKEditor like photo upload, macros and so on and they do work. Creating Links is the only option which does not work.

When we press F12 in Chrome while permorming this action it shows:
Could not load content for http://96.46.186.106:8080/xwiki-13.10.1/resources/js/prototype/js/prototype/prototype.js (HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_HTTP_RESPONSE_CODE_FAILURE)

We have check FW rules for 8080 port, tested in other browsers, reviewed tomcat and xwiki config, but we could not solved this issue.

Finally we have installed previously in a windows 10 and ubuntu local environment and we did not have this problem, CKEditor link windows worked correctly.

Thanks in advance for any idea.

You need to be a bit more precise and list the exact steps to reproduce. Also, you should open the Network tab from the browser’s developer tools and check the HTTP requests that are sent when you click on Save (and continue, not Save & View!). Some of these HTTP requests are failing and you should be able to understand why from their status code and response body.

The WYSIWYG editor doesn’t use prototype.js so this is unrelated. At the same time, the path to prototype.js is really strange and doesn’t match what is in the XWiki WAR, so there might be something wrong with your installation. Moreover, the context path (web app name) you’re using, xwiki-13.10.1, (with dash and dots) was creating issues in the past, if I remember correctly, and it may still be the case so I’d use a more clean name.

Hello, thanks a lot for your response.

Here is some detail:
Whenever we create or edit a page which includes a link creation usinng link pop up in CKEDitor, page cannot be saved. Error message in browser “Failed to save the page. Reason: Server is not responding”.

A detail I miss in my previous post is, whenever we add a link in XWIKI page by using CKEditor source transform to html notation. Here is a screenshot.

So we think this might be the source of the problem.

When we create a link using XWiki notation, like [[Link >> http://www.google.com]] it works. But if its created with CKEditor pop up it does not.

Best regards.