Custom field in user profiles

Hi there,

I am starting to get used to XWiki. We would like to add some custom fields into the user Profiles. for example Department. I added the required stuff into XWikiUsers (Department (Department: String))

Now when I add this under company for example the field doesn’t show up in the users profile. I guess im just making a mistake:

In administration under user profile i added this
given-name:first_name
family-name:last_name
org:company
org:department
note:comment

Thanks for your help

No one a suggestion?

I don’t understand. You said you added a property named Department and then below you said you added org:department. But how could this work since you’re not using the same name?

EDIT: See also https://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/User%20Directory%20Application

Hello,

yes this is the point it just doesn’t work that’ why I am here.
What did I do:
1: Added Department as a strin into XWikiUsers
2: I added department:department into the user profile configuration
The second step didn’t work so I put in org:department for testing

But why department:department? This is not the name of the property you added. You just said above you add a property named “Department” so why are you then calling it department:department or org:department? Where do these strange prefix come from? Also you property is not named department but Department.

Mayber we talk about different things, so this is my XWikiUsers Class Properties:
grafik

In User Profiles I added this:
grafik

earlier I added the field “Mobil” there as well and it did work. So my thoughts were that I made a mistake somewhere

Where do these strange prefix come from? Also you property is not named department but Department.

I think this was my fault I wasn’t writing it with a capital letter. This does work now.
Sorry my stupid mistake :slight_smile:

ok I missed that you wanted to use a microformat prefix.

Thanks

EDIT: I don’t see any existing microformat named “department” though at http://microformats.org/wiki/Main_Page :wink: But that’s your problem in the end. It’ll work on the xwiki side.