I would like to be able to automatically build docx (Microsoft Word compatible) files from XWiki. After some research I decided to try to build a component for XWiki as a jar extension using docx4java and also including the docx4j-ImportXHTML project.
So far, so good, I could build my own jar and try to install it through the Extension Manager…
It fails because through com.lowagie:itext-2.1.7 it introduces a dependency on bouncycastle:bcmail-jdk14-138 which conflicts with the installed (core extension feature) bouncycastle:bcmail-jdk14/1.60.
- add an exclusion in my POM. I can still pass my tests (that seem not to use itext) and build my jar, but the extension manager only sees the dependency on docx4j-ImportXHTML, tries to import it and ignore the exclusion that only lies in my own project…
- search XWiki forums and only found an old thread but could not guess how to use it for my problem.
- use LibreOffice/OpenOffice export included in XWiki. Unfortunately the size of tables is ignored by the OpenOffice importer (subject of this other post from mine)
- is it possible to exclude dependencies through the extension manager, or solve in any way such a dependency conflict?
- what could be other solutions to allow a XWiki extension to rely on the docx4j-ImportXHTML project?
- what could be other solutions to build docx files from XWiki?