Diagram Application - Spinner - Missing base64 pako mxClient files

I have installed the extension “Diagram Application” version 1.2 (https://github.com/xwiki-contrib/application-diagram/tree/master) via the Extension Manager provided in XWiki.

When I go to create a new page of type “Diagram” template, a spinner icon appears on the screen but not content is loaded…

In the browser network tab I can see that some files are missing:

Request URL: http://localhost:7000/webjars/wiki%3Axwiki/xwiki-platform-tree-webjar/11.8/throbber
Request Method: GET -> Status Code: 404 

Request URL: http://localhost:7000/webjars/wiki%3Axwiki/draw.io/11.2.9/js/deflate/base64.min.js
Request Method: GET -> Status Code: 404 

Request URL: http://localhost:7000/webjars/wiki%3Axwiki/draw.io/11.2.9/js/deflate/pako.min.js
Request Method: GET -> Status Code: 404 

Request URL: http://localhost:7000/rest/wikis/xwiki/spaces/Sandbox/spaces/abc/pages/WebHome?media=json&timestamp=1570434218797
Request Method: GET -> Status Code: 404 

Request URL: http://localhost:7000/webjars/wiki%3Axwiki/mxgraph-client/4.0.4_11.2.9/mxClient.min.js
Request Method: GET -> Status Code: 404 

I have reviewed also the browser console and the following errors are displayed:

index.js:1200 GET http://localhost:7000/webjars/wiki%3Axwiki/xwiki-platform-tree-webjar/11.8/throbber 404
jquery.js:9203 GET http://localhost:7000/rest/wikis/xwiki/spaces/Sandbox/spaces/abc/pages/WebHome?media=json&timestamp=1570432320528 404
require.min.js?r=1:34 GET http://localhost:7000/webjars/wiki%3Axwiki/draw.io/11.2.9/js/deflate/pako.min.js net::ERR_ABORTED 404
require.min.js?r=1:34 GET http://localhost:7000/webjars/wiki%3Axwiki/draw.io/11.2.9/js/deflate/base64.min.js net::ERR_ABORTED 404

Uncaught Error: Script error for "pako" 
http://requirejs.org/docs/errors.html#scripterror at F (require.min.js?r=1:7) at HTMLScriptElement.onScriptError (require.min.js?r=1:30)

Uncaught Error: Script error for "base64" 
http://requirejs.org/docs/errors.html#scripterror at F (require.min.js?r=1:7) at HTMLScriptElement.onScriptError (require.min.js?r=1:30)

Uncaught Error: Script error for "mxgraph-client"
http://requirejs.org/docs/errors.html#scripterror at F (require.min.js?r=1:7) at HTMLScriptElement.onScriptError (require.min.js?r=1:30)

Uncaught Error: Script error for "mxgraph-client"
http://requirejs.org/docs/errors.html#scripterror at F (require.min.js?r=1:7) at HTMLScriptElement.onScriptError (require.min.js?r=1:30)

I have accessed to the server console (as root) to locate these files, but they do not appear

root@2edd9fba9b50:/usr/local/tomcat# find / -name mxClient.min.js
root@2edd9fba9b50:/usr/local/tomcat# find / -name base64.min.js
root@2edd9fba9b50:/usr/local/tomcat# find / -name pako.min.js

… for some reason those files are missing on the server …

I tried to uninstall && install the Extension again, but I get the same behaviour.
I have checked during the installation progress no errors are displayed in the “log” tab (provided in the extension manager) and no error is shown on the server console.

I checked the thread https://forum.xwiki.org/t/resolved-diagram-application-extension-not-working-need-help-debugging/2740, but those solutions doesn’t work for me…

  • I tried to use another browser / another pc and I got the same result.
  • I tried to restart the server but it didn’t help.

I’m using XWiki 11.8 installed under Docker using the image xwiki:11.8-postgres-tomcat.

Any help will be appreciated!

You must have done more than just that because:

The free version of the Diagram Application doesn’t work with the more recent version of draw.io out of the box (there were lots of changes between version 6.5.7 and 11.2.9 as you can imagine).

If you want to use the free version then you should uninstall mxGraph client and editor, and draw.io extensions, then re-install Diagram Application 1.2 (which will bring the old version of draw.io that the free version of Diagram Application is compatible with). Also make sure you clear your browser cache afterwards.

Hello,
You are right, I had also installed the Pro version, but I assumed that I would not leave dependencies that were incompatible with the free version.

I followed your advice and now it works perfectly :slight_smile:

Thank you