Document missing in search results

Hi,

An “old” page do not show when performing a search (simple search : 1 word which is in the document “body”). What can be wrong?

Note: I have rebuild Solr index, I’m logged with admin user.

Thanks for your help,

Just tested on your wiki with http://tutos.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/Search?text=logiciel&f_type=DOCUMENT&f_locale=fr&f_locale=&r=1 and I get search results.

Can you be more specific and provide an example that doesn’t work?

Thanks

For instance this page (the same I failed to edit in WYISWYG, see other opened topic), doesn’t appear in any results
http://tutos.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Les_tutos_de_Toto/ModelePageLogitheque for words in its title : logithèque nor modèle.

Indeed, I cannot find this page in the search. I’ve resaved it to see if it would be indexed but it didn’t work.

Maybe @tmortagne or @mflorea have an idea?

Hi,

Just to let you know, other documents are concerned by this “unsearchable” issue. For instance : http://tutos.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Les_tutos_de_Toto/AdwCleanerOutilParfait do not appear in Solr results either.

Here are other examples: pages “CafeDeLaMarine” or “FireFoxModifierDictionnairePersonnel” can not be found!

As a workaround I have decided to restore the old “database” search but this search is minimalist (no faceting, no page extract nor highlight …) and I didn’t find any help about database search syntax which leads me to use only “one word searches” which is really poor ;-(.

Can someone help: either by finding what’s going wrong with Solr (I give my agreement to export / import my pages on an other server for tests) or by pointing me to the “database search syntax documentation”.

Thanks in advance,

Checking, maybe there is a problem with the Solr synx at init which miss some pages for some reasons or fail to index them.

I just restarted myxwiki.org and Solr did catched quite a lot of missing document which it’s currently indexing. Not idea what happen for them to be missing. It’s probably going to take a long time.

Solr is still indexing … as far as I can see: 197286 pages left.

Indexing seems to be done, would you try to search for the page that was missing ?

A lot of pages are still missing in search results with Solr. To be honest only one more page is now “searchable” among 12 I’ve tried :disappointed_relieved:.

Database search is working well and is more accurate (= does not miss any page).
Does someone knows how to search for more than one word with DB search? I’ve tried without success the following search strings:

• word1 AND word2
  • “expression with exact words”
  • like %substring%

Thanks for your help,

What I have already done:

• rights checked on all pages
  • uninstall + re-install Solr search extension
  • re-save some missing page in results (to trigger a new Solr indexation for page)
  • and assuming Solr index is up to date (thanks to server restart done by Thomas).

I’m now trying to troubleshoot out the “localization” of pages that are not shown in search results.

Some old pages seems to have a default language set to “en” and are only available in this language causing them not to be displayed in search results (my Wiki is “fr” only).

How can I easily identify all pages which are only available in “en”? (ie page without available french translation in a particular Wiki space).
For each of these pages I will set default language to “fr” so they should be displayed in search results.

Thanks again for you help :yum:

Hi,

I have tried to identify pages missing “fr” as default language by performing faceting Solr searches with * as search string reduced to ‘fr’ only and compare results with an all languages search for * too. But this is too manual and I’m not sure it’s an exhaustive way to identify all pages which are missing “fr” as default language.

Is there a way to find all pages which don’t have a particular language (here fr) set as default ?

I’ve tried without success :slight_smile:

• to make a query like defaultLanguage!=fr
  • or to add a default language column in index page.

How to check default language for several pages (either with an advanced search or a livetable display or an other way)?

Thanks for you help,

Try with

doclocale:"" -locale:fr -locale:""

or you can use the https://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Query+Module to retrieve the list of pages that have doc.defaultLanguage <> 'fr'.

1 Like

Hi,

Many thanks for these tips … I will try them as soon as myxwiki.org will be up and running.

Hope it will finally solve my search issue (I will let you know here :grinning:).