Document Tree Macro Limit

Hello,

I’ve been recently experimenting with the Document Tree Macro (which is used in the Navigation Panel) for a bit, and was trying to fix the issue with having to constantly click the “more…”-thingy as a result of the default limit being 15.

As there is an option to set the limit yourself, one common solution I found was to just set the limit to 9999 and be done with it. I did this in one of my xwiki-instances and it did work, as I could see in the Navigation Panel.

However, what is quite mysterious to me is that when I exported and imported this Panel (since there were some other changes done there) into another XWiki instance, the limit didn’t work - that instance still used the default limit set (15), and no matter how I tried adjusting the limit parameter in the macro, I couldn’t seem to change this.

I also made sure multiple times that this Navigation Panel has been applied globally.

That’s were my question stems from - why does modifying the limit in the Document Tree Macro work in one XWiki instance (in the navPanel) , but not in the other instance?

From your description, it sounds as if you might have modified the document tree macro itself but then migrated the navigation panel and not the document tree macro. If you modified the document tree macro on one instance, you also need to modify it on the other instance.

In general, I would recommend performing a diff between the current version of the panel/document tree macro and the version installed from the extension, you can select these versions in the history tab at the bottom of the page. Do this on both instances and compare the diff to make sure that all changes have been applied on both instances.

1 Like

Well, I since double checked if the changes were applied, and they were.

As previously said, I modified the “limit” parameter in the document-tree macro in the Navigation Panel to 9999, so I could finally get rid of the more-issue. This worked fine in the test-instance !

After double checking the code in the actual instance I’m using, I didn’t find any differences. The limit was the exactly the same, and it should work. I even created a seperate (navigation) panel on that instance, copied the respective code over, applied it globally, however even so, the limit still seems to be at 15; the issue isn’t fixed.

So, the issue doesn’t seem to be with exporting and importing.