This is a vote to drop support for IE11 (see https://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Community/SupportStrategy/BrowserSupportStrategy) in XWiki 14.0 and beyond.
Some rationale (but I’m sure there are more):
- maintenance cost (we have IFs in lots of places to support IE + we need to test on it + we often find problems on it)
- more and more JS frameworks don’t support it and that reduces our choices, preventing us from using the best options. Bootstrap 5 doesn’t support IE, CKEditor doesn’t support IE, etc.
- creates some limitations/bugs because of not supported technologies. For example CSS counter-set is not supported in IE which causes some heading numbering issues and we need to find cumbersome and slower workaround (note that in this case Safari also has the same problem)
- Edge has now been here for several years
- IE has a low market share: 1.32% of market share (Edge has 8%): • Desktop internet browser market share 2015-2021 | Statista
Here’s my +1