eMail Notification / XWiki Update to 9.7 done

@vmassol: I think the previous version was 9.3 or 9.4
No, I did not uninstall extensions.
DW stand for?
No, I did not remove the Blog app…

Direct after the update there have been a report at the end of the procedure with some details, but I remember there was no option to save this report…

It was at least 9.3.1 according to what I see written in some page’s history.

Th important question is whether you’re sure you were not on 9.5RC1+ before the upgrade, could you confirm that?

Distribution Wizard

Actually that’s ok, you have the History available in the extension details and in the Extension > History menu entry in the Administration.

Ok with this info, we should be able to check more about the little things that went wrong during the upgrade. The ideal situation would be if you had a backup that we could use to rerun the upgrade by ourselves and debug it. But I guess you don’t have that, do you?

I really want that we iron out all the possible wrinkles during our upgrade process. That’s why I’m asking all these question. Thanks for helping out.

Yes, a backup is available. The previous Version information is also part of this.

I will restore it and send you an link to access it.

Thanks for the great help.

Our eMail notifications works so far, but notifications are not working right now:

My suggestion is, that this is related to missing menu entries or xwiki pages.
Question right now is where to start fixing this issue?

Might be XWIKI-14753. It has been fixed for 9.9-rc-1, 9.8.1.

Hi,
your issue is a long time ago, but maybe you could still help me. What did you do to make it work?
I have the same issue: Notifacations are shown in xwiki bt not send as mail. Sharing a page via mail works.
Thank

Today is the day of the self-healing problems… Now the mail notifications work. Actually I think that did not really change anything. I tried changing the frequency of the notifications etc but nothing substantial. However, now it works. I hope it stays like this.