Enable search across all languages

Hi,
how to enable search across all languages by default? Currently, the xwiki I am working with is only searching in one language and ignores all the content in other languages. This is very confusing and not productive from an commercial perspective. Is there any variable or Admin settings, since I am not admin in this particular xwiki. Thanks!

It’s been some weeks since posting this question… anyone can answer this question, if search across all languages is possible?

For my own curiousity, I am trying to reproduce this problem.

1 Like

Yes, and no. I’m testing it across my personal wiki after enabling multilanguage support and I am getting very inconsistent results.

I’m trying to narrow down the problem to get an understanding of the actual issue.

Yes, it is possible. However, it is a two step process from the search icon.

Step 1: click in the search icon, and enter your search term:
Screenshot 2022-05-04 at 16.14
and then click on “Go to search page…” or the magnifying glass
Screenshot 2022-05-04 at 16.15
Step 2: Select all the langauges, or deselect all the languages (which I did here) - whichever is faster for you, and then the results will appear:
Screenshot 2022-05-04 at 16.16

This assumes the new pages have already been indexed. If you create a new page and then quickly search for it, it may not appear.

Hi! Yes, and exactly this is the problem for most users, pages are “missing” if not selected specifically, so the question is towards the configuration of XWiki, why is this per default not set to ALL languages? (all boxes checked) to search across the site, wouldn’t it make more sense or is it connected to the user-account language and cannot be set? From usability PoV this is not ideal in corporation-level.

Good question. I’ve asked if this default can be changed in another thread. Let’s see what turns up.

1 Like

Hey, any news?

I have another thing: Include tags in search. It seems this is not the case. I have to double check with the forums’ answer first.

None. No replies.

Damn. :relieved:

Hi again, can I raise a Jira issue for this? Bug or feature? Which project?

Sure, go ahead. It’s more an improvment for me that would took place in XWIKI project in Jira.

1 Like

Ticket is Loading...

Just remove this line xwiki-platform/SolrSearchConfig.xml at master · xwiki/xwiki-platform · GitHub and the comma at the end of the previous line.

Hope this helps,
Marius