Error creating sub wiki

I recently upgraded to version 13.10,8.
When i try to create a sub wiki I get the following error message:

Starting job of type [wikicreationjob] with identifier [wikicreation/createandinstall/technical]
Fail to get the configuration document for wiki [technical].
class org.xwiki.platform.wiki.creationjob.WikiCreationException: Failed to execute creation steps on the wiki [technical].
    at org.xwiki.platform.wiki.creationjob.internal.WikiCreationJob.runInternal(WikiCreationJob.java:104)
    at org.xwiki.job.AbstractJob.runInContext(AbstractJob.java:243)
    at org.xwiki.job.AbstractJob.run(AbstractJob.java:220)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:750)
Caused by: class org.xwiki.platform.wiki.creationjob.WikiCreationException: Failed to set metadata to the wiki [technical].
    at org.xwiki.platform.wiki.creationjob.internal.steps.SaveWikiMetaDataStep.execute(SaveWikiMetaDataStep.java:80)
    at org.xwiki.platform.wiki.creationjob.internal.WikiCreationJob.runInternal(WikiCreationJob.java:96)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
Caused by: class org.xwiki.wiki.user.WikiUserManagerException: Fail to get the configuration document for wiki [technical].
    at org.xwiki.wiki.user.internal.DefaultWikiUserConfigurationHelper.getDocument(DefaultWikiUserConfigurationHelper.java:67)
    at org.xwiki.wiki.user.internal.DefaultWikiUserConfigurationHelper.getConfiguration(DefaultWikiUserConfigurationHelper.java:79)
    at org.xwiki.wiki.user.internal.DefaultWikiUserManager.setUserScope(DefaultWikiUserManager.java:88)
    at org.xwiki.platform.wiki.creationjob.internal.steps.SaveWikiMetaDataStep.execute(SaveWikiMetaDataStep.java:75)
    at org.xwiki.platform.wiki.creationjob.internal.WikiCreationJob.runInternal(WikiCreationJob.java:96)
Finished job of type [wikicreationjob] with identifier [wikicreation/createandinstall/technical]

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately the root cause is not printed in your stack trace because our code wasn’t good. I’ve fixed it at [Misc] Add missing exception · xwiki/xwiki-platform@8d0dd49 · GitHub

Maybe try to navigate to document technical:WikiManager.WikiUserConfiguration to see if the doc exists and can be accessed.

I cannot navigate to the page. Immediately after the error is thrown, Xwiki is deleting and cleaning up the failed wiki creation.

When I create the new wiki, it looks like the database is created, but none of the pages are created. In Catalina.out this error:
“java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: (conn=2467) Specified key was too long; max key length is 767 bytes” led me down the path to upgrade mariadb from version 5.5 to version 10.8.

Upgrading mariadb solved the problem.
Thank you

See MariaDB Installation (XWiki.org)