Error creating sub wiki

I recently upgraded to version 13.10,8.
When i try to create a sub wiki I get the following error message:

Starting job of type [wikicreationjob] with identifier [wikicreation/createandinstall/technical]
Fail to get the configuration document for wiki [technical].
class org.xwiki.platform.wiki.creationjob.WikiCreationException: Failed to execute creation steps on the wiki [technical].
    at org.xwiki.platform.wiki.creationjob.internal.WikiCreationJob.runInternal(WikiCreationJob.java:104)
    at org.xwiki.job.AbstractJob.runInContext(AbstractJob.java:243)
    at org.xwiki.job.AbstractJob.run(AbstractJob.java:220)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:750)
Caused by: class org.xwiki.platform.wiki.creationjob.WikiCreationException: Failed to set metadata to the wiki [technical].
    at org.xwiki.platform.wiki.creationjob.internal.steps.SaveWikiMetaDataStep.execute(SaveWikiMetaDataStep.java:80)
    at org.xwiki.platform.wiki.creationjob.internal.WikiCreationJob.runInternal(WikiCreationJob.java:96)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
Caused by: class org.xwiki.wiki.user.WikiUserManagerException: Fail to get the configuration document for wiki [technical].
    at org.xwiki.wiki.user.internal.DefaultWikiUserConfigurationHelper.getDocument(DefaultWikiUserConfigurationHelper.java:67)
    at org.xwiki.wiki.user.internal.DefaultWikiUserConfigurationHelper.getConfiguration(DefaultWikiUserConfigurationHelper.java:79)
    at org.xwiki.wiki.user.internal.DefaultWikiUserManager.setUserScope(DefaultWikiUserManager.java:88)
    at org.xwiki.platform.wiki.creationjob.internal.steps.SaveWikiMetaDataStep.execute(SaveWikiMetaDataStep.java:75)
    at org.xwiki.platform.wiki.creationjob.internal.WikiCreationJob.runInternal(WikiCreationJob.java:96)
Finished job of type [wikicreationjob] with identifier [wikicreation/createandinstall/technical]

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately the root cause is not printed in your stack trace because our code wasn’t good. I’ve fixed it at [Misc] Add missing exception · xwiki/xwiki-platform@8d0dd49 · GitHub

Maybe try to navigate to document technical:WikiManager.WikiUserConfiguration to see if the doc exists and can be accessed.

I cannot navigate to the page. Immediately after the error is thrown, Xwiki is deleting and cleaning up the failed wiki creation.

When I create the new wiki, it looks like the database is created, but none of the pages are created. In Catalina.out this error:
“java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: (conn=2467) Specified key was too long; max key length is 767 bytes” led me down the path to upgrade mariadb from version 5.5 to version 10.8.

Upgrading mariadb solved the problem.
Thank you

See https://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Documentation/AdminGuide/Installation/InstallationWAR/InstallationMariaDB/