Error message with PDF viewer

Hi everyone!

Apologies if this is not the place for this question but here goes…!

We’d like to use the community contributed (free) PDF Viewer option from the macros list but were informed that some non-admin users are seeing an error message above the viewer:

Licenses.Code.VelocityMacros do not exist

The viewer still displays the PDF underneath at least.

I suspect this message might be from a conflict between the Pro and free versions. I see that the PDF Viewer Pro (2.5.2) has been installed as a dependency because the extension seems to be required by the Pro Macros (which we have), even though its not explicitly named as one of the included macros.

Is it possible in this case to uninstall the Viewer Pro and use the free version?

Thanks!

We just ran into this error. Does anyone know if you can use the free PDF viewer (the mozilla pdf.js one) if you have the Pro Macros (incl. View Files) installed?

Not to mention its pretty confusing to pick the correct macro from the similarly named options on the Select Macro list:

• PDF Viewer (PDF Viewer based on Mozilla pdf.js)
  • View Files, View PDF (Show files using PDF Viewer Macro or Office Viewer)
  • pdfviewer (PDF Viewer Macro)

Could you suggest what information would help you make a better choice?

Would it be enough to have the ability to disable listing “not installed” macros (see How to disable installation of new macros from WYSIWYG?) or do you like that feature but would like to see some other ways of differentiating the macros (and in this case, which ways)?

Thank you

PS: You can hide some macros already using https://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Documentation/AdminGuide/Configuration/#HMacroscategoriesandvisibility

Pro Macros is a paid XWiki extension so you should contact the company that sells this extension. I’m sure they provide support :slight_smile: . From what I can see:

• PDF Viewer Macro Pro is listed as a mandatory (not optional) dependency of Pro Macros so you can’t uninstall PDF Viewer Macro Pro without uninstalling the Pro Macros
  • The license for Pro Macros should cover the PDF Viewer Macro Pro so it’s not clear to me why you would want to use the free version of PDF Viewer Macro if buying a Pro Macros license gives you PDF Viewer Macro Pro without additional charge.