Error while using docker compose

Hey guys-

New to xwiki, tried installing it using the docker compose given in the repo (Running Xwiki with mysql)but it initialises till 50% and then returns the following error:
error.txt (51.3 KB)

Tried looking for this issue in the forum but it seems no one has it. I’ve attached the docker compose with this post.
docker-compose.txt (899 Bytes)

Hello!

I tested your compose file and had the same issue, but starting the containers a second time worked.
I believe what happens is that, on the first launch, the MySQL database initialization takes too long and the XWiki instance tries to connect before the db is ready.
Can you confirm that your setup works if you run docker-compose up a second time?

EDIT: I was wrong, the MySQL server simply stops after the initialization run. I’m still not sure why, but we should probably add a restart policy to our example compose setup.

I tried playing around with the compose. And here’s my hunch:

My PC runs Ubuntu 22.XX (ie Latest version) and has sql preinstalled. The docker container had the directory pointing to the default path which created conflicts and crashed the application.

I changed the directory and voila, it started working.

That should not work like that, I’m very curious about what you changed exactly.