Export and Import to XWiki

Hi,

I am trying to move the export from our development XWiki to our production XWiki. But while I am importing the XAR file, it does not apply all the changes we made in the development which are available in the export file. Basically, it just crashes the homepage UI changes we made and other bugs. My questions is: How to handle the importing process of XAR file? Is there any way to configure it so that it doesn’t crash when we import it to our production environment? Thank you.

hello, to help you, you need to provide more data:

• Version of XWiki
  • Exact steps to reproduce with content to reproduce the problem
  • What crash means
  • The logs of the “crash”

Thx

The development XWiki is on: XWiki 16.2.0
and the production XWiki is on: 15.10.8
I am trying to export the export file from 16.2.0 to 15.10.8.

By crash I meant, we lose the visibility of what we developed: we applied two macros: recently updated and recent files and changed the way it looks like with CSS, also we applied our own customized theme which is visible in the home page but it is crashed when we move to other pages (this issue was also in our development platform, but we fixed it, we though if we move the export file to production, the problem won’t persist)

There is no log file as it is only visible in the UI of the platform.

Hi,

I’ve read several time what you wrote.
To me, it looks messy.

Could you make small sentences, with specific details.
And several paragraphs… not all said in one sentence : sorry, but I don’t remember the beginning when I reach the end… :rofl:

And if it is only visible on UI : please, could you show this with several screenshot, … before, and after, … etc…
with red circles or arrows, to show on what is a trouble etc… would be even better.

All this would be great, to see better the problem, and try to help you.

Thank you,

I will try to make it more simple with screenshots:

So, below, you see the crashed home page (we exported the XAR file and simply imported it)

And here you can see the homepage that we developed (the correct version):

The first error is that your user doesn’t view rights on the mentioned pages. You need to start fixing this.

Then you need a valid license for the pro macros extension you’re using.

Yes, I kind of figured out the issue with macros, but what about the image crash? We don’t even have the photo below in our development platform, but it just simply ended up in the homepage when we imported it.

You should start by fixing all the errors.

Another thing to consider is exporting/importing the XARs to/from the same version of xwiki.

Is there any reason why you can’t have both your production and development versions the same?

Also, you are “downgrading” from v16 to v15. I don’t know if that is supported, and even if it was, is that something you really want to do? That sounds like a recipe for disaster to me.

Good luck.