Here’s a use case:
- There’s a LaTeX extension with extension points
- There’s a Figure extension that has 2 modules
- One containing the Figure macro
- Another one containing the LaTeX extension points impl for the Figure macro
- Use case:
- User installs the LaTeX extension
- User installs the Figure macro extension
Right now the user would not get the “LaTeX extension points impl for the Figure macro” if he/she doesn’t remember or know that it needs to be installed too. It would be nice that just installing the Figure macro extension would also automatically install the “LaTeX extension points impl for the Figure macro” if the EM detects that the LaTeX extension is installed.
WDTY? Is that something we would be interesting in implementing?
Do you suggest doing it in a different manner? For ex, the “LaTeX extension points impl for the Figure macro” will have a dep on the Figure macro extension and thus if the user installs this extension rather than the Figure macro extension, it’ll work just fine. However the user needs to know this and I don’t think it’s obvious.