Extension Updater - Not Working (does nothing)

Does not time out. Just sits here on this screen forever:

What’s in the log files?

Of course you would ask that question. I wish someone could tell that very question :slight_smile: We run XWiki on Apache Tomcat on Windows Server 2008. All I know how to find are the Tomcat logs, but I have no idea where are or if there are logs for XWiki. I’ve brought this issue up before, but nobody seems to know the answer. If you have any idea how to get logs for XWiki in this environment, I’m all ears!

@laurin1 when this happens try to reload the page a couple of times, with force-clear-cache. If the problem disappears then it was a JavaScript issue. Otherwise, if the Extension Updater is still loading then it’s a server side issue. The most common reason for this is that another Extension Manager job is running and the Extension Updater job has to wait for it to finish before starting. This can happen for instance if you install / uninstall some extension and at the same time you trigger the Extension Updater. It’s especially the case when the other extension job is waiting for an answer. For instance, you uninstall an extension and the uninstall job asks you to select the pages to keep. At the same time you trigger the Extension Updater, which will wait until the uninstall question is answered or a timeout occurs.

The job logs are saved in XWiki’s permanent directory (which depends on the installation and is configurable), inside the “jobs/status” folder.

Tried force clear cache, does nothing. FYI, this happens right after the DW, or if I exit that (see this issue https://forum.xwiki.org/t/distribution-wizard-global-administration-message-stream/5463/5) anytime I try to run it then, even after a restart. Meaning, I don’t see how it would be possible that another EM job is running. I have not removed or installed any new extensions. I have been trying to upgrade from 11.5 to 11.6.1 to 11.7, and though most of that has finally worked, the DW never completes (as far as I can tell) and the EM no longer works.

In fact, now when I load the Extension Updater page, the loading image is already there, I can’t click the button, and again, nothing ever happens.

I just checked and there is an error in the developer console:

VM179:1 GET https://wiki.pridedallas.com:8443/xwiki/rest/notifications/count?media=json&userId=xwiki%3AXWiki.keithdavis&useUserPreferences=true&currentWiki=xwiki&async=true&asyncId=10&_=1567428847604 500
(anonymous) @ VM179:1
send @ jquery.js:9203
ajax @ jquery.js:8684
k @ NotificationsDisplayerUIX?language=en&docVersion=22.1:1
setTimeout (async)
(anonymous) @ NotificationsDisplayerUIX?language=en&docVersion=22.1:1
i @ jquery.js:3187
fireWith @ jquery.js:3317
z @ jquery.js:8785
(anonymous) @ jquery.js:9151
load (async)
send @ jquery.js:9170