Extension XCarousel 1.3, click “Add new slide” not working

Extension XCarousel 1.3, click “Add new slide” after the default first three does not work. It tries to add a slide, but it is named Slide 3 same as previous one and I have not found a way to complete the task.

I did see this was fixed in v1.2 “XCAROUSEL-9” so I uninstalled v1.3 and installed v1.2 and was having same problem. I’m running xwiki-tomcat8-mysql 12.10.10 LTS on Debian 9.12 and used Extension manager.

Hello TKutch,

indeed, I just tested XCarousel on an XWiki 12.10.2 and it’s not working properly.
My first intuition is that it may be related to the base version of XWiki (since this extension is a contributor extension, its maintenance is based on the maintenance capacity of the contributor and thus it was probably not extensively tested on the most recent versions of XWiki).

Also, [XCAROUSEL-9] The Add new slide button does not work dynamically ( only after refresh ) - XWiki.org JIRA is describing a rather different problem, not the fact of not being able to get the form data saved properly, but no form displaying at all following the click on the button, so what you are seeing would be a new issue. It would be great if you could report the issue on the issue tracker, with steps to reproduce & all.

In the mean time, as a workaround, you can add the carousel slides as objects from the object editor (which you can access from the advanced edit menu, see here about how to get it Page Editing (XWiki.org) ): you only need to add the additional slide objects from the objects editor, not to set their metadata. Once you added them and saved, you can use the standard editor of the carousel to set the slides’ metadata with the dedicated form.

Enjoy,
Anca

Thanks for providing a workaround. I just open XCAROUSEL-15 ([XCAROUSEL-15] Extension XCarousel 1.3, click "Add new slide" not working on XWiki LTS 12.10.10 - XWiki.org JIRA) as you suggested, my first.

Again Thanks
TKutch